Sign in to follow this  
ndoynov

Addon Sceneries Problem

Hi all! Today, I ran FS9 AS ADMINISTRATOR because some of my planes weren't showing up. However, when I went to my departure airport, which was Dusseldorf, I saw that the addon scenery that I had was not there. Then, I checked with Stuttgart. Same issue! There were default airports instead of the addons. I went to my scenery library, and saw that none of the airport sceneries I have were there. Only the default ones were there. I exited FS9 and I ran FS9 NOT AS ADMINISTRATOR and the airports were there. Do you know how I can fix this, because some of the planes that I fly with are only accessible when I run FS9 as administrator.Nikolay

If you are using a Windows 7 PC - Have you installed FS9 outside of the Program Files folder? There are known permission problems if you install it there under Win7.

Try setting up a shortcut to FG9 with a property set to run at program level run as admin. You can do the same by right clicking on fS9.exe and selecting run as admin but it is much easier to modify a shortcut. Be sure you do this logged in with your normal user admin rights as you state.Running a program as admin is different that running a program normally but logged in as an admin.See if that helps.BTW, in Win 7 turning off UAC does not remove all restrictions as happens in VISTA.Now, did you perhaps install one of the Aerosoft German Airport suites? If you change the user from the one you used for the install perhaps it is using a different local user registry section and that might interfere.There is a scenery.cfg in the FS9 folder. There is also some kind of backup in your user application data MS FS9 folder. The one in the FS9 folder is normally used. (In FSX I think the reverse is true.Did you run any kind of scenery repair utility not running it at the program level as admin? If so it may not have found the Aerosoft folder under FS9 (if you have Aerosoft Scenery) and excluded it from your scenery.cfg.Finally, since you have both FS9 and FSX it is worth using this free registry checker/repair utility from flight1 to insure you have each registry entry correct for FS9 and FSX. Right click on it to select run as admin:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

I'm running Windows Vista. No, I don't have any aerosoft sceneries. Also, I'm running only FS9 on this computer. I don't have FSX installed.

Try this:Log in with your admin account. Copy the scenery.cfg in your FS9 folder to admin-scenery.cfg. Then log in with your non-admin account and do the same calling the copy nonadmin-scenery.cfg.Compare the two. Is there any difference? Are the add-ons listed in each?They should be the same.If so then there is something in the scenery preventing your access perhaps a copy protection scheme if commercial. You still need to run that flight1 registry checker logged in with both of your accounts as each user gets his own registry copy in certain areas.If you log in as a non-admin but have started FS with the right click run as admin choice, does your aircraft work? If your aircraft is a commercial install with protection it wants to see the same user name you used for the install. Again, it might have to do with registry entries for different users.