Sign in to follow this  
fsx

Speculation thread No.270

Must say I'm not even sure if this thread is meant as a joke or not. I mean, look at what he hopes to see... Haven't we had that since FS5 or so, when one could start installing their own sceneries? And the sky has been blue even in some versions of FS1, so...Yeah, not sure how to take this.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

"It's impossible to play Chopin's Minute Waltz in under a minute "finally a hard fact !I am so looking foreward to seeing the crew at Flive hire their Beta Supervisor, among tasks in his job description was managing the forum(s) and being the Voice of Flight Live, God knows that one is needed,i hope he has some experience in public relations, he is going to need the patience of a saint.

It's impossible to play Chopin's Minute Waltz in under a minute.
Just play it uptempo and the impossible suddenly becomes possible.

Must say I'm not even sure if this thread is meant as a joke or not. I mean, look at what he hopes to see... Haven't we had that since FS5 or so, when one could start installing their own sceneries? And the sky has been blue even in some versions of FS1, so...Yeah, not sure how to take this.
Seriously people, we all need to lighten up a little. What else is there to do in this waiting lounge other than kick the dirt and make a joke until MS decide to fly in some more news. Those who have no sense of humour whatsoever (sad as THAT may be) need not partake in our tea party.Darjeeling anyone?

If performed double time, it can be under a minute, but then it would be a Waltztrot... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Walls sausages.Walls! woof! walls!

If performed double time, it can be under a minuted, but then it would be a Waltztrot... :)
I haven't learnt much about Flight over the last couple of months, but I have realised that there is some great humour floating around these forums.

I'm hoping that they make the sky blue and that you can actually simulate flight over a group of beautiful tropical islands (something like Hawaii- imagine that!) in one of the included aircraft. That would be so cool! But who knows???What you you guys think?
I think time for a cuppa.
Is that (Chopin's Minute Waltz ) the 'Just a minute' theme .You will probably need to be Brit, fairly ancientish, and a radio 4 fan to understand what I am going on about (without Hes,dev,rep)A

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Is that (Chopin's Minute Waltz ) the 'Just a minute' theme .You will probably need to be Brit, fairly ancientish, and a radio 4 fan to understand what I am going on about (without Hes,dev,rep)A
Yup that's me. And that is the music. Always good to show to listen to with a hot brew, roaring fire with crumpets on the hearth and oh yes a pair of tartan slippers (pre warmed) !

You downloaded the trial version of the speculation thread? Where can I get it?!!

Mike Beckwith

You downloaded the trial version of the speculation thread? Where can I get it?!!
He intended to say, "Just downloaded the trial version" that might come in the future, on or about 15Nov2011. The demo might be fully functionally or it might not be. Also, "Not as bad as i thought it would be", and not as good as I thought it would be .... if and when it releases.Speculation at its finest LOL.gif

Seriously people, we all need to lighten up a little. What else is there to do in this waiting lounge other than kick the dirt and make a joke until MS decide to fly in some more news.Those who have no sense of humour whatsoever (sad as THAT may be) need not partake in our tea party.Darjeeling anyone?
Well with all the strangeness that is going around in this forum, you can never know what people mean in a serious way and what they don't. Pardon me for thinking that you could have been serious...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Well with all the strangeness that is going around in this forum, you can never know what people mean in a serious way and what they don't...
That's the fundamental problem here. Until this Sim is boxed, on the shelves and goes from the retailer to the simmer's hard drive, NO ONE reallyknows what's included and how it's going to function. So, unless you are ACTUALLY a member of the Flight team (no, not a friend, or golf buddy, ora friend of some chick you met at a party somewhere) then why make assumptions and comments based on what someone else said 18 months ago,or what was written/ said in some obscure video or article?Now don't get me wrong; I'm all in favor of light hearted humor and leg-pulling at both the expense of MS and some of the membership here. But whenit devolves into the "you don't know what you're talking about... I read it in another Forum from someone who knows a friend of the wife of one of the janitorswho works in the MS building and he heard someone saying that Flight was going to have interactive Mile High Club participation..." , then it's gone from informationalcontent to plain "dis-information".I can't say it enough... let's just wait until Flight hits the shelves!Alan Rolling%20Eyes.gif

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

That's the fundamental problem here.
So does the problem lie with those speculating or with those who are taking those speculations as fact? I'd say the latter.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.