Sign in to follow this  
RickB1293

Aircraft won't accelerate during initial climb

NGX climbs out to 1,500 to 2,000 FT MSL at V2+20 then stops accelerating just above stall speed (about 193 KTS indicated). All systems are nominal including TAT, N1, N2 and all control surfaces. No warnings, alarms or changes in the O/H panel. To continue the climb I have to bring up FSUICP and select OK. The aircraft continues to climbs according to the FMC profile via the auto-throttle, auto-pilot and LNAV/VNAV.Has anyone had this problem?Rick BertzKMSP/PHOGSystem SpecsASUS P7M motherboardIntel Q9550 @ 3.2 GHz, 8GB P800 xRAM2-1TB WD Black SATA 3.0 H/DsnVidia GTX 460 OC'd 32"Hitachi 32" monitor via HDMISaitek X52 Joystick &Throttle

Thanks Jason, I'll take a look. Should the aircraft make a continuous climb to FMC FLxxx via VNAV w/o pilot intervention?Rick

One more thing--The MCP and speed tape speeds have advanced to 240 KIAS as defined in my performance init yet the A/C refused to accelerate. The aircraft also assumes a decided nose down attitude, about 2.5 degrees until I reset FSUIPC.Thanks again,Rick

NGX climbs out to 1,500 to 2,000 FT MSL at V2+20 then stops accelerating just above stall speed (about 193 KTS indicated). All systems are nominal including TAT, N1, N2 and all control surfaces. No warnings, alarms or changes in the O/H panel. To continue the climb I have to bring up FSUICP and select OK. The aircraft continues to climbs according to the FMC profile via the auto-throttle, auto-pilot and LNAV/VNAV.Has anyone had this problem?
Are you sure that there aren't any speed restrictions in your SID which don't allow the aircraft to acclerate? In Munch for example there are SID's which don't allow you to acclerate above 210kt while you haven't passed a waypoint called VAVOR, which is about 30MN from the Airport. Restrictions like that one could easily cause confusion.But one other question: Why's your stallspeed at 193kt? What's your flap setting?Most propably I'd say that you haven't meet a speed restiction and as you've retracted the flaps the stall speed became higher than the allowed speed. So the aircraft acclerated to the minimum speed at which it could fly to get as close as possible to the restriction.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

You're right, I jumped the speedtape recs on flaps which caused the stall. A/C still won't accelerate unless I open then close FSUIPC. The A/C attitude won't correct either. I'll try to get more info. Thanks for your help.Rick Bertz

Why oh why have you got FSUIPC messing with your aircraft. I have the basic installation of FSUIPC and I have never touched it. Sounds like the aircraft is just flying the sid normally to me, what happens when you go above fl100?Wycliffe

193 stall speed ??? I.e. red bar on the PFD speed tape all the way up to 193 ?

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

I'm having a similar problem. I've got 25 years flying real life corporate jets so the dynamics of jet flight are not foreign to me. I setup, program FMS, configure aircraft correctly, taxi out and takeoff. All is well until I get past initial climb. Gear up, flaps up, no SID limitations, weather normal, can't get bird to exceed 185-190 kts. Seems to have cropped up after installing SP1 and 600/700. Clean bird at mid fuel weights and clean @ climb power should climb like a homesick angel. What am I missing?

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

I'm having a similar problem. I've got 25 years flying real life corporate jets so the dynamics of jet flight are not foreign to me. I setup, program FMS, configure aircraft correctly, taxi out and takeoff. All is well until I get past initial climb. Gear up, flaps up, no SID limitations, weather normal, can't get bird to exceed 185-190 kts. Seems to have cropped up after installing SP1 and 600/700. Clean bird at mid fuel weights and clean @ climb power should climb like a homesick angel. What am I missing?
Are you using FSUIPC? I can clear the climb problem by recycling it ( reloading the.ini file?). I opened a ticket and PMDG is working on this issue. BTW the flight plan/profile increased speed to 240 KIAS and the jet is well below the MCP ALT. Reseting FSUICP is the ONLY way to correct the climb.Rick BertzKMSP/PHOG

I am relatively new to a registered version of FSUIPC. How do I reload the ini file? Thanks. We may be on to something. I'm certainly not dragging the tug.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

I think we may be on to something here. I went into FSUIPC and set MISC menu to reload FSUIPC.INI always and it seemed to help a great deal. As a casual user, I'm not totally there but this is a great clue and workaround until something more concrete comes along. I like the PMDG product. Just need to refine some processes.Thanks, rickb1293

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

same happened to me for a while , i actually have to go into FSUIPC and apply OK to see the aircraft resume his normal climb .... any one found an answer ? it seems to happen only with PMDG 737. henry

Unhook the push tug :) Ever looked outside and seen the tug still hooked up @ FL300. "Any other day. That may seem kinda normal"
No, but I heard someone knocking on the door - - -

setting MISC menu to reload FSUIPC.INI always ? what is that gonna do? is it gonna make changes on all my setting in fsuipc?henry

One more thing--The MCP and speed tape speeds have advanced to 240 KIAS as defined in my performance init yet the A/C refused to accelerate. The aircraft also assumes a decided nose down attitude, about 2.5 degrees until I reset FSUIPC.Thanks again,Rick
I think you told us the problem yourself.The ACFT behaves abnormal untill you click the FSUICP thing....Bert Van Bulck