Sign in to follow this  
Sonny

Using ATC

I am relatively newt to FSX,, but by reading these Flight Simulator Tips and Tricks, am progressing nicely.I have the most of Saitek's Pro Flight System with all the panels and am controlling most thigs in flight myself. BUT...Idon't like useing the mouse curser to respond to ATC.Can I use my own voice in ATC, and if so how?RegardsTrainee Pilot Sonny

I am relatively newt to FSX,, but by reading these Flight Simulator Tips and Tricks, am progressing nicely.I have the most of Saitek's Pro Flight System with all the panels and am controlling most thigs in flight myself. BUT...Idon't like useing the mouse curser to respond to ATC.Can I use my own voice in ATC, and if so how?RegardsTrainee Pilot Sonny
HelloI use Shoot 1.6.4 to control Radar Contact and Proflight Emulator and it works well.The default ATC is difficult to write a profile for as the menu numbers are not in a predictable order.Multicrew Experience http://www.multicrewxp.com/ works very well with the default ATC and also Radar Contact.There is a demo available and I can tell you that the support is first class.

You don't have to use the mouse, have you tried using the number keys on your keyboard? They correspond to the responses and choices on the ATC screen :)I've even mapped the keyboard numbers to the buttons on my throttle quadrant when the yoke is in mode 3, plus I use the red button on the yoke to open the ATC window when in mode 3 also... Of course it only goes upto the number 6 then but I rarely need to go upto 9 and i'll just use the keyboard if I have to as its velcro'ed on the yoke :)(Hope this helps!

HelloI use Shoot 1.6.4 to control Radar Contact and Proflight Emulator and it works well.The default ATC is difficult to write a profile for as the menu numbers are not in a predictable order.Multicrew Experience http://www.multicrewxp.com/ works very well with the default ATC and also Radar Contact.There is a demo available and I can tell you that the support is first class.
Thank you.Mad dog I watched the demo, at this stage i'm not interested in Co-pilot / crew stuff. I just want to use ATC. I will see what the Shoot 1 6 4 does for me.Thanks againSonny
You don't have to use the mouse, have you tried using the number keys on your keyboard? They correspond to the responses and choices on the ATC screen :)I've even mapped the keyboard numbers to the buttons on my throttle quadrant when the yoke is in mode 3, plus I use the red button on the yoke to open the ATC window when in mode 3 also... Of course it only goes upto the number 6 then but I rarely need to go upto 9 and i'll just use the keyboard if I have to as its velcro'ed on the yoke :)(Hope this helps!
This sounds much better than using the mouse and failing finding a "verbal reply program" I will try uor method.Thanks for your interest Sonny