Sign in to follow this  
Edward Law

Issues After SP1

Hi Captains,It seems to me that the A/C has certain difficulties to:1. capture the flight path. In certain occasions, it turns left and right several times before settling at the right direction2. it always fails to follow the descent path.Any ideas?Regards,Edward Law

Edward,1. Depends on the flight path. How close the waypoints are, what is the capturing angle, how much does the wind change, what is the speed of the plane. (hope your controls are not overriding anything). LNAV is bank and bank rate limited. Furthermore turns only up to 90 degrees are anticipated.2. The descend path is computed (to a sickening detail) based on your FORECAST (both PERF INIT and DES/FORECAST page). Example : if your ISA deviation is +10 and you enter 0 then you 'll constantly be in an overpath condition (and vise versa).I repeat : Are we sure your hardware controls do not override the AP commands ?

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Gd'Day all. Not wanting to start a new topic as this current topic says it all... So, with a clean install of the NGX and application of SP1, I flew one (1) flight with negligible hitches or hiccups... that was VVNB-WSSS here. As is normal for this seasoned FSX simmer, I restart the box (Yep!) after each flight.So, now I'm heading up to Ahmedabad here.True to form (Ok! I was surprised). At about FL270, FSX suddenly froze up! Second instincts had me pulling up the Task Manager and looking at the Performance Tab. Something familiar was displayed.Of 12 cores on this i7 980X, cores eleven (11) and twelve (12) were busting through the ceiling. This is exactly what happened with the pre-SP1 incarnation of the NGX. The HotFix never touched this issue. That's why I sent the NGX off to the maintenance hangar and I began flying the MD11 (a true friend and confidante)... LOLOk! So, after about 3 minutes of this frozen state - maybe 2.5minutes give or take - here comes the 738NGX... huffin and puffin... as though it never missed a beat.There is a lesson I've learned through all of this. "Never pull the plug when the sim/FSX and the NGX freezes! Never!" I've lost too many pirepable flights by thinking the BOX/FSX/Win7 Ultimate 64-bit is at fault.One thing I can guarantee. During these flights - where there is that initial FREEZE UP - the rest of the flight is as smooth as a baby's 'tukas' give or take whatever ASE decides to cook up.So, my (unavoidable question).Didn't SP1 fix this problem?Loser.gifI run the cockpit in a network configuration. The ONLY apps on the FSX machine is FSX and FSInn. The O/S is on a SSD. FSX is on a 300GB VelociRaptor. The Video card is an nVidia GeForce GTX 480. The whole internal is water-cooled (i7 and GTX480).All other (needed) software is run from Megalon (the 2nd box in the network). Need I say, I have no other problems with any other PMDG product? I fly the JS4100, MD11, B744/8i - all with nary a hitch.I even put on my tennis shoes before writing this post/reply - I'm a PMDG cult menber...Cheers,Keith Rocke

I am in midst of first flight from MWCB-MMCZ. Smooth as glass so far. Seems FPS are a bit better. Will report back after landing.John S

Thx for your prompt reply.How can I check the hardware not overriding the AP commands?Regards,Edward Law
See 0.00.56 Introduction Manual about "Realistic Autopilot Engagement"/ Leffe

Of 12 cores on this i7 980X, cores eleven (11) and twelve (12) were busting through the ceiling. This is exactly what happened with the pre-SP1 incarnation of the NGX. The HotFix never touched this issue. That's why I sent the NGX off to the maintenance hangar and I began flying the MD11 (a true friend and confidante)... LOL
Sounds like your affinity mask may be set incorrectly.

Sounds like your affinity mask may be set incorrectly.
"PDA responses".So, anyway, playing along with this response, let me ask...Are you saying that the NGX requires a different AM setting than the JS41 or MD11 or B744/8i or QW757 or LDS763 or C-130H or Carenado C340/C337 or E/S C750?Are you too busy to expand on your reply considering I just got the email notifying me that MrKen quoted me (from my original post)?Let's see where this goes. The joy of being on a forum.FYI: The sim has been tweaked and the O/S tuned up based on helpful suggestions amassed by techies who wrote volumes to get their collective points across... and those tweaks have taken me through over 1000 online hours.Cheers,Keith

"PDA responses".So, anyway, playing along with this response, let me ask...Are you saying that the NGX requires a different AM setting than the JS41 or MD11 or B744/8i or QW757 or LDS763 or C-130H or Carenado C340/C337 or E/S C750?Are you too busy to expand on your reply considering I just got the email notifying me that MrKen quoted me (from my original post)?Let's see where this goes. The joy of being on a forum.FYI: The sim has been tweaked and the O/S tuned up based on helpful suggestions amassed by techies who wrote volumes to get their collective points across... and those tweaks have taken me through over 1000 online hours.Cheers,Keith
Such condescension really isn't necessary. What I'm saying is that the ngx pushes fsx setups harder than any other aircraft. This forum is filled with posts from people with "perfectly tuned" systems who find some adjustment is necessary.

Such condescension really isn't necessary.
Just like making a PDA response without elaborating... isn't necessary.I would have the same reaction if I had gotten such a response from a Dev guy... and (so far) there hasn't been a response from a Dev person. So, please... there is no need to quote/reply.Cheers,Keith

Keith,Can you email me please - rmaziarz@precisionmanuals.com - have some questions on what you're seeing that I don't want to address in the forum.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

First flight flawless, on second leg to KPHX as we speak. I have all sliders on left to max and Autogen DENSE, the other (I forget) to VERY DENSE.Great fps......looking real good so far.John S