Sign in to follow this  
ga

How to know if the ILS is right?

Ok flown from EGKK to EDDF last night, and gott 2 option regarding ILS 109.50(old) and 111.55(new) , I tuned 111.55 did manage to get VOR button to enable, but did not get vor lock. I did tune 109.50 but did not then manage to enable VOR button to enable? Did this means that 111.55 was the right one but did not get the VOR-Lock......Bottom line how to know if i hav ethe right ILS tuned...............

Use the ident function and cross check the morse code obtained with the one in the chart.Sorry for the quick reply,on a cell phone

he he first time getting answer from cell phone thx, love this forum ;)

The older FSX data is the data that gets used !! ( not the Navigraph data )SET FSX LOC CRS in CDU Options-SimulationThat will solve the problem.Fred.

The only ever valid frequency that applies to you can be seen in FSX map view. No matter what AIRAC cycle, what charts, what whoever says or anything. Your very own BGLs rule the freqs, that's all to it.sig.gif

ok found what I were looking for, if wrong ILS freq you dont get ILS diamond in HUD about 20-out, if correct ILS freq you se the Diamonds comes alive in HUD and ergo you know then you have the right Freq for the ILS ;)

Ok flown from EGKK to EDDF last night, and gott 2 option regarding ILS 109.50(old) and 111.55(new) , I tuned 111.55 did manage to get VOR button to enable, but did not get vor lock. I did tune 109.50 but did not then manage to enable VOR button to enable? Did this means that 111.55 was the right one but did not get the VOR-Lock......
I'm not pointing this out to be mean, I'm just pointing it out to you for future reference:It's VOR-LOC, by the way. It stands for a mode that can track either VOR or LOCalizer aids.

Kyle Rodgers