Sign in to follow this  
StewCal

Two Flights Two Freezes

I've done two flights since I've installed SP1 and have had freezes in both. Both occurred after about an hour and a half. Any body else?

Steve Giblin

I've done two flights since I've installed SP1 and have had freezes in both. Both occurred after about an hour and a half. Any body else?
What kind of freeze? Any error associated with it? Did it give you some popup window? Did FSX close?

i had much freezes with PoolSize set to 0! setting poolsize in fsx.cfg higher causes some frame loss, but makes fsx more stable. try it! :D

No freezes yet, on second flight. Since Bojates tweaks I have had tremendous success.John S

Sorry to butt in but who is Bojates and what changes did he recommend please? I would like some useful tweaks as well.

On both flights everything just stopped except the sound. Had to exit via task manager. Never had freezes before. Is there a way to see what error occurred?

i had much freezes with PoolSize set to 0! setting poolsize in fsx.cfg higher causes some frame loss, but makes fsx more stable. try it! :D
What setting should I try?

Steve Giblin

On both flights everything just stopped except the sound. Had to exit via task manager. Never had freezes before. Is there a way to see what error occurred?What setting should I try?
Would you be so kind, post your system specs and your fsx.cfg.

Well, regarding the performance the software doesn't like the texture size settings recommended by PMDG. However, it works really nice in my experience
It doesn't? Why doesn't it like the 4096?

It doesn't? Why doesn't it like the 4096?
Well, I expressed it kinda sloppy. It leaves it as it is but recommends to lower the settings because of a better performance (I don't have the exact wording in mind anymore).

Regards,
Axel

Well, I expressed it kinda sloppy. It leaves it as it is but recommends to lower the settings because of a better performance (I don't have the exact wording in mind anymore).
If you want/need to lower the settings, you can, then you also don't need 4096. If you want high-res, then you do.

Intel 2600k oc 4.8 ghz, As Rock Fatality MB, Nvidia 570, 8 gig mem, 1000 watt ps

Would you be so kind, post your system specs and your fsx.cfg.

Steve Giblin

What the deal is, if you manually edit the 4096 into the cfg, and then go intothe graphics, scenery settings and make any changes, the 4096 will beoverwritten with the original 1024.Any time you make any changes within the sim, you will have to go backand manually change it back to 4096, if that is the setting you want.I think this is the issue you refer to anyway.. :/Myself, I keep mine at 1024.. I can't hardly tell the difference visually.

Steve,This isn't a "freeze" as we define that term - the freezes that we fixed in SP1 were the ones where the instrument panel stops updating but the sim keeps running fine. What you've got here is a hard lockup of the sim - that's almost always some kind of hardware or driver related thing.The #1 place I'd look based on what you've said here is at the stability of your overclock and your CPU temps while FSX is running - I would lower the OC (maybe even back to stock) and see if you're still getting issues - if not you'll know that's the cause.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com