Good evening every oneI've had a minor problem that has put me off for some time and was wondering if any of you guys could help?I moved from XML to C gauges to get more out of the system however I keep running into minor obstacles!at the beginning, Or when I switch the panel lights back on, it resets to the image belowcollins2.jpgThe blur! If I move in any headingcollins1.jpgLook forward to hearing for you guys soon!

I'm not quite sure from the description, but is this a gauge you've built yourself? To me, it looks like it could be a mask problem.-Dai

Hi Dai,I was looking at your manual to see if there was any thing wrong and why it may do this?Could it be the numbering in the .h file?

#define        BMP_collins_BACKGROUND            0x3300#define        BMP_collins_Rose                0x3400#define        BMP_collins_Rose_mask            0x3401

sorry for the lack of answering your question,yes the gauge has been built by myself, and has a mask layer as stated aboveI'll look further into that

The numbering is okay. I'm racking my brains trying to remember when I last saw/came across this problem; if it blurs like that, it must be a drawing update problem (which is why I originally thought it might be a mask problem). If you're absolutely unable to solve it, post the entire gauge code as a zipfile here and let me know what you've done to try and figure the problem out.-Dai

Thanks your time, and looking into this problem,I fixed the problem by changing it from Make_needle to Make_sprite as I was running the make needle from a PELEMENT_NEEDLE command, which I think was messing the gauge upThanks very much

Speaking of gauge resource numbering, I'd urge you to read/print this Wiki article:http://www.fsdevelop...ource_NumberingFor a handful of gauges it might not become an issue, but there are some "gottchas" you really do need to be aware of and avoid......the most puzzling of which is the (fortunately rare) instance where under certain conditions, an entirely different bitmap will be displayed instead of the one you expect! ;)If you adopt and adhere to this systematic approach, such resource contention will never occur.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I fixed the problem by changing it from Make_needle to Make_sprite as I was running the make needle from a PELEMENT_NEEDLE command, which I think was messing the gauge up
Needles don't use masks, so the other fix would have been to drop the mask. It's my preference to use needles for rotating dials whenever possible because I think that using a sprite is overkill most of the time. I'd give it another try, just to prove to yourself that it can be done.-Dai