Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

SP1 Install Instructions: Let's clear up the goofball stuff. :-D

Captains-There seems to be some confusion on exactly how to install SP1 to the PMDG 737NGX. So this post is your official guidance from PMDG on how to get it done.The purpose of this post is to kill off some really goofball stuff that we have seen repeated here in the forum that is subsequently creating confusion for users who do not take the time to read our instructions, but rely instead upon others who don't actually know what the recommendations were...So we'd like to ask your help- When you see anyone providing installation instructions for SP1 that vary from the instructions we are providing here, and SPECIFICALLY if you see anyone say that a full reinstall is required, please point them to this post....Thanks!INSTALLING SP1 for the PMDG 737NGX:================================The SP1 patch that is freely available from our website is designed to update all previously released versions that users might have installed on their machines. The SP1 patch is able to identify which version you have installed, and will automatically update it to the latest version of v1.00.3057. This being the case, you can simply download the SP1 patch, then and run the SP1 patch. You now have the full v1.00.3057 installed.Now that you have SP1 installed, there are a few things we want you to do:1) Redownload any liveries that you wish to have installed, and re-install them. We changed some things about liveries that made this necessary... The old liveries may work fine- but why use outdated stuff?2) Go into your <root FSX Folder>/PMDG/PMDG 737 NGX/PanelState folder and delete everything you find here EXCEPT:

• NGX CLDDRK.fmc
  • NGX CLDDRK.sav
  • NGX DEFAULT.fmc
  • NGX DEFAULT.sav
  • NGX LONG.fmc
  • NGX LONG.sav
  • NGX SHORT.fmc
  • NGX SHORT.sav

You are now fully up to date with SP1....Let's Create Confusion!:===================One recommendation that I made in our release announcement was that we recommend that you simply uninstall/reinstall the NGX from your original installer. This appears to have created some confusion among some users who think that we told them that a reinstall was REQUIRED.It is NOT REQUIRED.It was merely recommended, because this was the simplest way to get you through the livery reinstall requirement and the need to get rid of the saved flights....This being the case- if you still have your original installer and would like to do a full reinstall, simply do the following:1) Uninstall the NGX2) Go into your <FSX Root Folder>/PMDG/PMDG 737 NGX/ and delete everything you find.3) Re-install from your original installer4) Run the SP1 patch on top.You are now fully SP1 compliant.Okay- that should cover things...Now for anyone who has deleted/lost their original installer, please note that you can get access to the installer re-download by purchase Extended Download Service for the product from our site. We hope that none of you will require this service, but it is there if you need it for only a modest sum.I hope that clears up the confusion on how to install SP!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Maybe this is coincidental but I'm experiencing major problems since installing SP1. I made a couple of successfull flights and then exited out of FSX. When I tried to launch FSX I get "a fatal problem has occurred " and it won't launch.I went ahead and uninstalled everything (FSX, PMDG, ASE, etc) did a reinstall including all service packs and launched FSX. Things were fine and I exited FSX. When I tried to launch it again, fatal problem and I'm back at square one.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,Richard Johnson

Maybe this is coincidental but I'm experiencing major problems since installing SP1. I made a couple of successfull flights and then exited out of FSX. When I tried to launch FSX I get "a fatal problem has occurred " and it won't launch.I went ahead and uninstalled everything (FSX, PMDG, ASE, etc) did a reinstall including all service packs and launched FSX. Things were fine and I exited FSX. When I tried to launch it again, fatal problem and I'm back at square one.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,Richard Johnson
Which are your computer specs?Thanks Robert.

Why would you muck up a thread dedicated to the correct installation of SP1 with a post about a totally different issue?

Which are your computer specs?Thanks Robert.
Thanks, Computer is win7/64 bit.I've since been fooling with this and it looks as though the problem occurred when I set the 737NGX as my default aircraft, I uninstalled it, ran FSX and set the default aircraft to a MSFSX aircraft, exited, reinstalled the Pmdg and everything is good. Did I make a mistake somewhere in the install?

tell it like it is, confusion should be gone hopefully for this unbelievable plane, lets give its due, and especial to the PMDG team.thanks, Ronny

Hummm. Didn't know about the livery changes.. I'll grab the new ones..I installed mine right over my existing version. "hf4"No problems here so far. Mine even ran OK on the old panel states,but of course, I scrapped the old ones and made a new one for startup.

Maybe this is coincidental but I'm experiencing major problems since installing SP1.Richard Johnson
How is this in any way coincidental to "SP1 Install Instructions: Let's clear up the goofball stuff. :-D?" Would it not make more sense to create a new thread with your issue than to threadjack this one? Perhaps by doing that, you would receive more positive attention.Matt LaMay

JDHK I have this issue as well sometimes, go to the FSX.cfg and remove the situation name and it will load the default situation, are you by chance using CH controllers

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

thread should be locked save confusion

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

obviously if you spot any issues do a full remove and re install, I had too because some of the VC graphics had gone funny, good as gold now

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K