Sign in to follow this  
Wendall

FSX UI, but it looks like its loading a flight...

Hi,I've had this problem three times, with three different planes, and three different times and locations, so it's not the NGX in the picture shownWhew.gifMy question is, what is it doing? I always have to restart if this happens,even though all UI options all clickable and usable. Sometimes The flight will show behind the UI, although this only happened once.Thanks,

Guest jahman

It's loading terrain data. How long does it stay for?Depending on the amount of scenery hou have (and lack of SSDs), FSX flight load times can go past 10 minutes.Cheers,- jahman.

Basically the UI becomes sticky? Is that the problem? I have never seen that but my UI is not full screen. Is yours?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

It's loading terrain data. How long does it stay for?Depending on the amount of scenery hou have (and lack of SSDs), FSX flight load times can go past 10 minutes.Cheers,- jahman.
Hi,My FSX usually takes around 4-5 minutes to load, but this issue sometimes just stuck at a random percentage,and I should probably think about more memory anyway
Basically the UI becomes sticky? Is that the problem? I have never seen that but my UI is not full screen. Is yours?
Hi,No, my UI isn't full screen, and what do you mean by sticky?

When exactly does this happen? When you click the Fly Now button? Or when you select an airport location? or perhaps when you select an aircraft?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

When exactly does this happen? When you click the Fly Now button? Or when you select an airport location? or perhaps when you select an aircraft?
No, usually right after I end a flight and go back to the UI, then this pops up.
What scenery add-ons do you have installed?
umm..REX,ORBX PNW and some airports(KORS,WA56) Flytampa TNCM and KTPA, I think thats it
There's a setting under Gneral which turns off the 'opening screen' - nothing to do with that being unticked I suppose?
I don't know about this one, I'll when I get home

Try disabling all your scenery add-ons, and restart Flight Simulator, then enable 1, restart, enable another, restart etc. If it still displays the loading with no add-on sceneries tell me asap.Aaron G.

Hi,This long, painful process has been fufilled, and no problem whatsoever.Could it be anything else?

Guest jahman

Just curious, what sort of CPU Core activity is Process Explorer (Task Manager) showing?Cheers,- jahman.

Just curious, what sort of CPU Core activity is Process Explorer (Task Manager) showing?Cheers,- jahman.
When UI is showing, about 10%, with a good 73% of RAM usable

Guest jahman

Do you have a single core CPU? With a quad I would expect 3 cores to run flat-out loading scenery, iff scenery is actually being loaded...Cheers,- jahman.

You could rename the scenery.cfg and let FSX rebuild a new file. It's at:-C:ProgramDataMicrosoftFSXscenery.cfg (Win 7)

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Do you have a single core CPU? With a quad I would expect 3 cores to run flat-out loading scenery, iff scenery is actually being loaded...Cheers,- jahman.
Hi,All I know is that I run a factory-condition i3. My relatively uneducated guess is its single core, but correct if I'm wrong(most likely)
You could rename the scenery.cfg and let FSX rebuild a new file. It's at:-C:ProgramDataMicrosoftFSXscenery.cfg (Win 7)
Hi,If I do that, what are the risks involved? i.e. settings,resolutions etc..