Sign in to follow this  
GT Flyer

TO/GA fails on T/O

Hey Guys I don't know whether I'm doing something wrong or what but I'd appreciate some help. I have everything setup for Takeoff, O/H panel, FMC, lower ped and MCP all set ready to go.. Lined up on runway throttles advanced to 40% N1 TO/GA pressed and the Grand Lady leaps into action. barrelling down the runway we reach 80 knots plus and suddenly all engines drop back to 40% N1 and take off is aborted. I've tried to reason what I may be doing wrong but can't work it out. I've had no problem until I installed HF4. When SP1 came out deleted everything and reinstalled but still looses throttle 85 knots. Anybody any idea?Thanks

do you have both throttles firewall after you hit TOGA, dont count on your throttle hardware not interfering make sure both throttles are at Max position

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

The problem is that you don't have your thortles at max position. Sure you leave its at 40%Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

This is likely due to hardware spikes if you use external throttles like the Saitek ones. I suggest setting the hardware throttles to "NEVER" override the A/T in the PMDG options in the MCDU.

This is likely due to hardware spikes if you use external throttles like the Saitek ones. I suggest setting the hardware throttles to "NEVER" override the A/T in the PMDG options in the MCDU.
Thanks Shane I've done like you suggested and that works I can get the plane in the air. But there is still another problem that happens that I forgot to mention and that is when TO/GA is pressed either by the mouse click or on throttle quad both VNAV and LNAV deactivate and can't be reactivated again until plane is about 800 ft AGL . I do have Saitek Yoke Throttle and pedals.

That is normal behavior. LNAV and VNAV should come back in automatically at 400 feet AGL (LNAV) and 800 feed AGL (VNAV) if you have both flight directors (captains and first officers) activated.

How do you have your hardware assigned in FSX?

It all depends on how your A/T override setting is. I assume you push the thrust levers forward to 50% N1, let them stabilize and then activate TO/GA?Depending on what your A/T override setting is, the physical position of the levers may cause A/T to be overridden. If A/T override is set to "ALWAYS", you will always be able to override the A/T, meaning, if you leave the thrust levers at the 50%N1 setting, then A/T will be overridden back to that setting...Check on the FMS PMDG Setup pages, I am not sure of the exact location, be it EQUIPMENT or OPTIONS...Andrew

I had this issue too And i believe it has to do with my throttle. After you engage TO/GA, push your throttle to max, that should solve the hardware issue.

Noah Bryant

Why not have a look at the A/T override settings in the PMDG Setup?The reason I say this is that you may have an issue with the engines not going to idle for the descent when A/T enters ARM mode and you leave your thrust levers at max...Andrew

Thanks to everyone for your help I've got it all sorted, changed auto throttle setting and moved throttle fully open on t/o.