Sign in to follow this  
brian Harrison

PFC setup with 737NGX

Hello all, I am trying to get my pfc hardware (throttle console,jetliner yoke and rudder pedals functioning correctly with the NGX.Two main problems.1 noticable jitter on all controls which seem to cause A/T to constantly disconnect2 spoiler assignment does not work in spite of seeing movement in PFC steup .Can anyone assist please?pfc version is 4.379FSuipc (registered) ver is 4.743regards , Brian H

Brian,It sounds like you may have some noise issues. I would suggest re-calibrating your controls. If there is still some jitter you may want to check into the fact that there may be a failing/worn pot. However before going to that extreme, try and get some DeoxIT D100 (contact cleaner). It works well on my PFC products, especially my throttle quad. Take the metal prongs out and wipe them down with the DeoxIT and then get a long wooden Q-tipand clean the pots on the inside of the casing. you do not have to open the TQ casing to do this.Also I un-installed my NGX completely and re-installed the base package, then the SP1, and then the 600/700 variant. Everything appears to be working normally, gear, flaps, and reverse. I have not tried the spoiler lever as I have gotten so accustomed to using the "/" key. BTW, I am using the 4 lever module.Regards

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Thanks Simeon, I have replaced all pots on joystick and rudder but not throttle yet as this will need a strip down of the throttle console which will have to wait til I get an upgraded controller boardMy throttle console is about 10 years old! and has had heavy usage as well , but I did try to apply some spray contact cleaner the last time I took the covers off .I suspect I may have to replace the six linear throttle pots now !cheers Brian HPS it was a serial connected setup and I have had to put in a serial/USB adaptor in to use it on my current system.

I got the same problems, my equip is new no dirty pods. The auto pilot disconects and it is constantly correcting up & down, you asign the altitude and continues going up pass it. Then the auto pilot disconnects.

I have had all of the PFC products since they came out. A couple of suggestions. I and another friend, who also has PFC equipment, found we were having lots of problems using USB. If you don't have a serial port on your computer, you can buy a serial card to install in the computer and then plug into that. This solved numerous problems. I am using the 737NG throttle and the spoiler & flaps won't work even though they show up as working during the PFC setup. The flap toggle switch does work however. Some have been able to get spoiler and flap working usaing FSUIPC and a LUA ( this is spelled wrong) setting. I am not smart enough to figure out how to do that.If you go into FSUIPC there are some settings to reduce noise for the controls. These eliminated my spike problems. There are several items on the jet console that don't yet work with the NGX.Hope this helps,Tom Hibben

Here's why I think this problem is unique to the 737NGX. I too have the PFC throttles and yoke. The speed brake works just fine with the PDMG 747 and the LD767 BUT not with the 737NGX. I bet it's the same for you. I was also seeing the landing gear not working pre-SP1, but now it works (it works with the 747 and 767 all the time).The jumpy autothrottles ONLY happen with the 737NGX, not my LD767. You notice sometimes one engine surges causing AT to shut off. I resloved that problem by going to idle after I set the autothrottles. You can dial in any speed even though the throttles are at idle.I ordered the new Throttletek 767 throttles. I'll let you know if the problem presists with them on the 737NGX.

Paul Gugliotta

Brian,I believe the serial card I have is a two port RS232 Star Tech I got from Amazon. Has worked fine. Do a Google search for serial cards, there are lots of them.Tom

Thanks Tom, Just been on Amazon and ordered one - here's to a non twitchy system again. ( Just realised that this did start when new pc plus an in-line serial-usb adaptor was used !! Must be getting senile not to associate it !!!! )cheers, Brian

Brian,I think, ( I know I am senile...grin) I just installed it and connected the PFC serial connector. When I was connecting via USB I was getting random crashes or lockups.Hope it works for you.Tom

Thanks Tom. Just installed it and things are better with far less jitter. Have ordered the latest upgrade to the cct board on the throttle controller which has all chips soldered in place as opposed to mine where several are socketed and thus can work slightly loose over a period of time. I'll let you know how it goes.cheers Brian

Here's why I think this problem is unique to the 737NGX. I too have the PFC throttles and yoke. The speed brake works just fine with the PDMG 747 and the LD767 BUT not with the 737NGX. I bet it's the same for you. I was also seeing the landing gear not working pre-SP1, but now it works (it works with the 747 and 767 all the time).
I have the spoilers working on my PFC console like this: I assigned the spoiler lever (aircraft-specific) to the Prop pitch 1 axis so it is active but doesn't invoke the lousy FSX spoiler logic. I set up keyboard shortcuts (in the PMDG Options page on the FMS CDU) for Spoilers Down, Arm/Disarm, 50%, Flt Detent, and Up (Shift-F1 through Shift-F5 in my case) and set up FSUIPC to "Key Press and Release" as the spoiler lever passes through preset ranges on the axis. The ranges I set (in the FSUIPC axis assignments) are:Range # From To Direction Parameter1 8901 14577 Up 112+1 (keycode for Shift-F1, assigned to spoilers down)2 5547 8643 Down 113+1 (keycode for Shift-F2, assigned to spoilers arm/disarm)3 -2967 645 Up+Down 114+1 (keycode for Shift-F3, assigned to spoilers 50%)4 -8386 -4773 Up+Down 115+1 (keycode for Shift-F4, assigned to spoilers Flt Detent)5 -16384 -8902 Down 116+1 (keycode for Shift-F4, assigned to spoilers Up)
The jumpy autothrottles ONLY happen with the 737NGX, not my LD767. You notice sometimes one engine surges causing AT to shut off. I resloved that problem by going to idle after I set the autothrottles. You can dial in any speed even though the throttles are at idle.
For now I push the throttle levers into the upper (full throttle) null zone just after I engage A/T so that I can rip 'em back in an abort and have them kick off the A/T. I was having the same trouble with the iFly 737NG, and the final/best solution was to write a program that disconnects the PFC axes from the sim when the autothrottles are engaged, and it stores the position of the throttle levers at the time the A/T is engaged, and re-connects the axes when the levers are moved a significant distance from the position they were in when disconnected. That keeps minor axis noise from interfering, but preserves the ability to override the A/T with significant throttle movement. I suspect that when the PMDG SDK comes out I'll do the same with this one.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Hi BobThis was very interesting to read and digest.I spent a good few hours making FSUIPC mouse macros for this 737NGX today... all worked very well, then I see this post...I tried your idea and could only get item 2 (spoilers arm/disarm) to work (actualy I ticked both up & down direction boxes, so the lever works both ways)I have copied my text from the ini file, and would be interested to compare it to your text to see where I'm going wrong?[Axes.PMDG 737-800NGX PMDG House Winglets]0=17X,5121=17X,U,8901,14577,66065,02=17X,B,5547,8643,65853,03=17X,B,-2967,645,65786,04=17X,B,-8386,-4773,65786,05=17X,D,-16384,-8902,66064,0 I've been flying this bird non-stop today, she's the best!regardsClive