Ramping up for for Nvidia surround. Thinking, a. 3 x 27" monitors no 3d, or B. 3 x 22" monitors 3d. Is 3d FSX a bag of chips and dip or should I go for bigger monitors non 3d? My computer is for FSX only, (possably Xplane 10 also). Flying a mostly bush PMW Orbx. Bush planes and helo's. anyone here into 3d and is it worth all the $? Thanks for any replies.

Ramping up for for Nvidia surround. Thinking, a. 3 x 27" monitors no 3d, or B. 3 x 22" monitors 3d. Is 3d FSX a bag of chips and dip or should I go for bigger monitors non 3d? My computer is for FSX only, (possably Xplane 10 also). Flying a mostly bush PMW Orbx. Bush planes and helo's. anyone here into 3d and is it worth all the $? Thanks for any replies.
Can't imagine flying without it... As a real world pilot, flying in 3D (3D Vision) it's coming very close. You want to go for surround but I have tested a 27" monitor together with Track-IR and that combination is awesome.For the time being, I'm using a 24" 120Hz LG monitor but 27" much more realistic.The only offset you wil encounter with 3D is nightlighting and runway lights, they are out of place so nightflying in 3D is a showstopper...

The night lighting for me is a moot point. Asus has a great 27" 3d monitor (VG278H), and Nvidia offering version 2 shutter glasses. Decided on a 27" 3d monitor. 3 x 27" 3d would be the ticket but my $ $hip must arrive.

If you use any hardware ie saitek, goflight, etc the shutter glasses render the Leds useless.

Update: Thinking of trying out the Samsung SA 950 3d with wireless glasses. Anyone use this? Great viewing angles, thus 3 of these would be immersive. Update #2. After watching CES 2012, will wait for OLED TV and see if that is a bag of chips and dip. New stuff this spring, so, anything available today, on sale this spring. Bottom line gonna wait. Thanks for reading. Maybe Flight will look good on a 40" 3D OLED TV. (I duck to avoid the eggs being thrown :Nerd: LOL!)

Edited by drumsonly2002

I have heard about Organic LED in 2005, maybe 2006 ... The difference (LED/OLED) is comparable between LCD/LED technology. In Your place, I would spend my money on good LED display and do not wait anymore (when OLED would be popular, new technology will be round the corner)

removed

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Good point. For 3d it is Samsung vs Asus. Samsung does the 3d conversion right in the monitor vs Asus requiring it done via video card. The kids in Best Buy did not get the Samsung working so I could not test it. They ask "can i help". I say yes, can you get this demo unit working 3d so I can judge it. They tell me it's not hooked up and I am better off with a tv, go there. To lazy to hook it up. what has happened to this generation. So I left the store. I think I will ask about the return policy. That way I can try it at home, and if I do not like it, return it. Howard, I always enjoy your posts. but see it was removed. I hope I an not driving you nuts with all this. thanks for the responses.