Sign in to follow this  
Antonio30

Autoland Question

Me too I am somehow confused as to perform an autoland.I studied the Swiss LondonZurich tutorial and it states to go to flaps 15 before capturing the LOC,then uponGlideslope to deploy flaps 28,then gear and flaps 35.Nothing regarding the speedtape symbols are mentioned.In this Forum I read quite a bit about them.But still confused ! ( sorry,newbie )Therefore I prefer to go step by step regarding further questions.I include a screenshot and my question is:What does the amber SE ( at 278 knots ) stand for and what action is required ( if any ) ?What does the amber GE ( at 260 knots ) stand for and what action is required ( if any ) ?That's all for todayThank youAntonio Vernas

SE is the speed at which the slats can be extended.GE is the speed at which the landing gear can be extended.No action is necessary until you are preparing to land.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

SE is the speed at which the slats can be extended.GE is the speed at which the landing gear can be extended.No action is necessary until you are preparing to land.
Hi,are these the max speeds at which the gear,flap may be extended.In other words: do not extend them above that speed buy you may do so belowthat speed.Ex: Speed 270 One cannot lower gear,Speed 260 or lower: one may lower gear.Same with the flaps.Is this correct ?Thanks againAntonio Vernas

Hi,are these the max speeds at which the gear,flap may be extended.In other words: do not extend them above that speed buy you may do so belowthat speed.Ex: Speed 270 One cannot lower gear,Speed 260 or lower: one may lower gear.Same with the flaps.Is this correct ?Thanks againAntonio Vernas
If I remember correctly, those are the maximum speeds that the slats and gear can be extended.Concerning the symbols on the speed tape...If, during takeoff, the symbol (FR (flap retract), SR (slat retract)), is amber do not retract the flaps/slats until the symbol turns green.If, during landing, the symbol (F15 (flaps 15, F28 (flaps 28), F35 (flaps 35), F50 (flaps 50)), do not extend the flaps/slats until the symbol turns green.Hope that is clear. If you have any other problems or questions feel free to shout out or you can send me a message and I can help (since I absolutely love the MD-11).

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

If I remember correctly, those are the maximum speeds that the slats and gear can be extended.Concerning the symbols on the speed tape...If, during takeoff, the symbol (FR (flap retract), SR (slat retract)), is amber do not retract the flaps/slats until the symbol turns green.If, during landing, the symbol (F15 (flaps 15, F28 (flaps 28), F35 (flaps 35), F50 (flaps 50)), do not extend the flaps/slats until the symbol turns green.Hope that is clear. If you have any other problems or questions feel free to shout out or you can send me a message and I can help (since I absolutely love the MD-11).
I will do a few flights and use the above.May be more questions will pop up in which case I contact you again.I like to do things the correct way.

Me too I am somehow confused as to perform an autoland.I studied the Swiss LondonZurich tutorial and it states to go to flaps 15 before capturing the LOC,then uponGlideslope to deploy flaps 28,then gear and flaps 35.Nothing regarding the speedtape symbols are mentioned.In this Forum I read quite a bit about them.But still confused ! ( sorry,newbie )Therefore I prefer to go step by step regarding further questions.I include a screenshot and my question is:What does the amber SE ( at 278 knots ) stand for and what action is required ( if any ) ?What does the amber GE ( at 260 knots ) stand for and what action is required ( if any ) ?That's all for todayThank youAntonio Vernas
Hi Antonio,in addition to the advice that you've been given, you may also use this payware product to learn the MD-11:http://www.flyaoamedia.com/md11/ It is $44.00 U.S. dollars. I have it and I recommend it.