Sign in to follow this  
Phil S

Tutorial Flight Descent Profile Problem

I have tried several times to complete the tutorial flight from EGKK to EHAM.Everything is set up exactly right in the CDU (FMC).On the descent profile I should be at or above FL055A at the NIRSI intersection.For some reason, every time I approach FL060, the aircraft levels off.In the altitude on MCP I have set FL020 (2,000).There really does not seem to be any reason for it not to continue it's descent profile.After passing NIRSI, I get an error on the CDU that I am unable to maintain or keep the descent profile and of course I overshoot the runway.Any help would be great.The speed and altitude restrictions programmed into the MCP are exactly as they should be.Thanks for any help.Phil

Hi.I have similar problem. I was flying all day yesterday in different part of the world using STARS and No STAR procedures, 9 times of 10 she wasn't follow the profile. At certain point usually below 15,000 ft it stops descending with no reason, even if no constrain. Magenta bar went down very quickly telling me I was above the profile.I even run real Flight Plan taken from work and put everything the same data in FMC from real plane and real FLT plan, still the same problem. I observed that speed did not change at all, so there was no reason to stop descent. I heard this is the old problem. I asked pilots at work what I was doing wrong and they told me that they did not see any mistakes from my end. We'll see.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

I've had this three times in a row since installing sp1. Tomorrow I am installing original version and trying again. Never had this before sp1.Any further news on this?

Installed RTM version and continues passing 6000 ft but with SP1 installed levels off at 6000ft

Guys,I just tried the tutorial descent twice - it hit NIRSI dead on at 220 and FL055 both times. Can one of you who can reproduce this do the following for me:1. Take screenshots of the main panel and the FMC LEGS and DES pages when this is happening and post them.2. Go on the FIX page, enter NIRSI and then enter /.1 on the line below it - look at the last field ALT - tell me what altitude is there, it should be FL055.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I use the tutorial flight a lot for testing things.If the PDF is followed to the letter it never gives any problems.Fred.