Sign in to follow this  
Chrjs

TOPCATSIM 736/739

Hi,i guess a lot of you use the great tool Tpocatsim to get accurate data for the v-speeds, flex, landing/TO distance etc etc. Unfortunatelly, they only made data for the 737 and 738, which makes the proper operation of the other models, IMO, nothing more than guesswork - not very realistic and even dangerous ;) . I know they work hard on their new program called PFPX. But maybe, if some of us could go over to their forum and ask them in a POLITE way they might find the time to include the remaining models. I would open a thread there myself, but since I registered a few weeks ago, I'm still waiting for my account to be opened...and please feel free to delete this thread if it is inappropriate in this place. I just though that it is a common wish among many NGX-drivers....

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

fair bet they are waiting on the sdk so they can do this

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I heard that the files can be tweaked (from the TOPCAT iFly 737 profile) to be more like the NGX. But I haven't messed around with anything, I'm happy to wait.

I don't care to much about Topcat be able to read and change the NGX payload/fuel etc. I think doing that manually is fine. However I really would like to be able to calculate the proper V-Speeds and Flex-Temperature. Especially when you operate the 736 from short rwys it would really help to get out(in safely. That shouldn't require the SDK at all since (i guess) we are all looking at the same basic data.

Regards,
Chris Volle

good point chris

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

fair bet they are waiting on the sdk so they can do this
TOPCAT doesn't need the sdk to do this. Many people asked the same from them when the iFly 737 was released as well. Unfortunately, it seems as though the developers have forgotten about TOPCAT in lieu of their new software that they are developing. The last full release update was Jan '11, and the last BETA release was Feb 2011.Matt L

They need real performance data. Nothing more, nothing less.
Looking at our thousands of pages of manuals, I think there is everything they need. But I'm sure it takes a lot of time.I also think it is sad, that they appear to have lost interest in the "original" Topcatsim program. It seems they don't even have the time to open my account. I'm sure many people (including me) would be willing to help to create new profiles (as long as it is only putting hundreds of figures into different tables... ;) )

Regards,
Chris Volle

Looking at our thousands of pages of manuals, I think there is everything they need. But I'm sure it takes a lot of time.I also think it is sad, that they appear to have lost interest in the "original" Topcatsim program. It seems they don't even have the time to open my account. I'm sure many people (including me) would be willing to help to create new profiles (as long as it is only putting hundreds of figures into different tables... ;) )
Its strange because their new program needs TOPCAT to make a full flight plan, so they will need to keep developing profiles for topcat

Actually all the performance data isn't there. Otherwise it would have been a lot easier to make NGCalc.

Noah Bryant

Actually all the performance data isn't there. Otherwise it would have been a lot easier to make NGCalc.
Are you sure? There are tons of graphs/tables in the FCOM and I downloaded the FPPM for each inidividual model with additional hundreds of tables and it is still not enough? Do you know what is missing?

Regards,
Chris Volle

Are you sure? There are tons of graphs/tables in the FCOM and I downloaded the FPPM for each inidividual model with additional hundreds of tables and it is still not enough? Do you know what is missing?
I was unable to locate anything that describes the specific effect that Cost Index has on TAS and therefore FF. If I've missed it though please let me know :)

Noah Bryant

I was unable to locate anything that describes the specific effect that Cost Index has on TAS and therefore FF. If I've missed it though please let me know :)
don't know either. but shouldn't effect the calculation of v-speeds etc, so no need for the topcatsim team...

Regards,
Chris Volle

But was a need for my team, lol. But actually I wondered why TOPCAT didnt take that into efect when coming up with a fuel number, it can vary by quite a bit in the extremes

Noah Bryant

Because Topcat is not a fuel planner. That will be done by PFPX and it will take into account the cost index. They are using for those calculation some specific tables from real world airlines. For what I know all the 737 NG version are going to be included on the first release of PFPX.About updating Topcat I know the developpers are not doing anything to it until the release of PFPX. If you have an issue the only things to do is submit a support ticket to them. I just can't wait for the release and it's frustrating me that they haven't given us a single update since Aug 2nd.