Sign in to follow this  
HenkA

Framerate settings (which are your preferred settings)?

Hello everyone,When the PMDG 747 was issued, PMDG advised a framerate setting of unlimited. Since then I fly this setting. However, in many forums, there are posts about lower settings, which should be better.I really should appreciate a lot of comments on this topic. (framerate settings, and if possible reasons for these settings).Thanks in advance for the feedback.Kind regards,Henk Altena

A software who caps the frames to 30, this way FSX gains IMO at least 35% of FPS.FSX set at medium graphic settings, no boats or street traffic. I have also heavily tweaked my .cfg fsx file.Within NGX I set 10 as refresh rate in the VC,no F/O panels neither checklists.I manage to stay from 15 to 30 depending if I am around third party airports or alone in the air.I have an I7 860 + ATI 5870 and 4GB.

Hello everyone,When the PMDG 747 was issued, PMDG advised a framerate setting of unlimited. Since then I fly this setting. However, in many forums, there are posts about lower settings, which should be better.I really should appreciate a lot of comments on this topic. (framerate settings, and if possible reasons for these settings).Thanks in advance for the feedback.Kind regards,Henk Altena
You should have Unlimited in FSX and then use an outside FPS Limiter, this you set to 30.This will make the FPS nearly steady around 15-40, depending of your puter and how heavy scenery.Loading of scenery when in flight, will also benefit from this metodh./ Leffe

Or, do as i do, and set the frame rate within FSX to 60, no third party frame rate limiters... and see a smooth flight sim experience.i7920 @ 4GHzGTX580In other words, test and see. Not everyone needs a third party frame rate limiter. Some experience worse performance with them.

This is very hard questions.I am using FPS unlimited in FSX and limited to 30 with antilag fps.The FPS are generally good between 20-30.The main problem i am suffering with these setting are stutters at heavy airports.Today i tried to set FPS fixed by 25. I have a less FPS but i think it is more smoother and less stutters.I will continue to test it.

My fsx is unlimited and external limiter set to 30fps and alone on the ground at a default airport I get 25-30fps in the VC and 30fps outside the aircraft. Move to more complex scenery and I get 20fps in the VC. All in all, I'm happy with my settings.. No major stutters, it happens occasionally, still tweaking..But if I load up a Cessna and go bombing around then no problems at all, heavy weather, heavy scenery i get 30fps. My scenery settings are mostly maxed with 5-10% traffic/boats and normal autogen.

spacer.png

After the SP1 i am pleased with average 20-22fps in the NGX as it is a much more smooth experience.I manage to keep this in heavy add-on scenery and from time to time it can drop to 18 or stay at 25-30fps depends on clouds and certainly rain. Rain is a framekiller with me.My setup is unlimited frames and no external limiter. 15%Road and 40%boats 0%traffic in fsx .30%UT2 traffic.1920x1080. Autogen Maxed out but reduced in places like EHAM to Normal. 7cm textures and Mesh almost to the righti7@950 4,2HD58701GB6GB 1600 DominatorRaptor 300GB FSX driveSSD win 7 64/Michael MoeOH, forgot to say that ENB is so good but can take up to 15% of frames on my system. Still dont know why (shift-F12 is a saver sometimes then :-))

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hello,Thanks to all for the feedback. It seems that most of the simmers fly with an external framerate limiter. Since FSX has its own framerate slider, I would be interested what the advantage is of an external limiter.And of course: which limiter is the best, and where can I get such an external limiter.Thanks for an answer.Henk Altena

Hey guys, does anybody get good framerates at aersoft airport or uk2000? i get between 15-20 at default scenery which pretty good for me its very smooth

This is very hard questions.I am using FPS unlimited in FSX and limited to 30 with antilag fps.The FPS are generally good between 20-30.The main problem i am suffering with these setting are stutters at heavy airports.Today i tried to set FPS fixed by 25. I have a less FPS but i think it is more smoother and less stutters.I will continue to test it.
This is interesting, I get these stutters as well. Sudden drops to 3 - 5 FPS for a minute or so. You think they are caused by antilag?I was thinking my ASE weather engine caused them. Should try a flight without ASE and another without antilag, but then there was so much tweaking since the NGX came out that for no, with or without stutters, I just wanna fly.Keep us informed about your testing.Cheers,Ralf

I'm using the internal limiter at 30fps and bp=0. I'm getting no stutters and a fairly smooth experience in general