Sign in to follow this  
RestUnknown

Put coordinates in FMC

Hi allI use FsCommander to plan my flights and occasionally the database of the FMC doesn't know a waypoint. I thought about entering the coordinates instead of the waypoint but I can't figure out how to enter them.For example I have these coordinates => N52°14'13" E006°00'11"If I enter 5206E, it accepts, but it's 20 miles of course. So I guess this has to do with the N coordinate.But how can I enter them fully?Thanks!

Hi allI use FsCommander to plan my flights and occasionally the database of the FMC doesn't know a waypoint. I thought about entering the coordinates instead of the waypoint but I can't figure out how to enter them.For example I have these coordinates => N52°14'13" E006°00'11"If I enter 5206E, it accepts, but it's 20 miles of course. So I guess this has to do with the N coordinate.But how can I enter them fully?Thanks!
You might give this a try - it is directly from the Boeing FCOM for the T7:Manually Entered Latitude/ Longitude WaypointsPilot defined waypoints entered as a latitude and longitude display in aseven–character format. Latitude and longitude waypoints are entered with nospace or slash between the latitude and longitude entries. Leading zeroes must beentered. All digits and decimal points (to 1/10 minute) must be entered unless thelatitude or longitude are full degrees. Examples:• N47° W008° is entered as N47W008 and displays as N47W008• N47° 15.4’ W008° 3.4’ is entered as N4715.4W00803.4 and displays asN47W008 DJ

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.