Sign in to follow this  
sagitta424

Landing gear won't retract

Hi All,I am on my second flight with the NGX 600, EBBR - EFHK. FMC is completely programmed. Start went smooth.But in spite of the fact that all failures are disabled (still have to learn a lot before I could try them), the left landing gear won't retract. Both the red and green light are burning, but no other (warning/caution) light is on. All functions well. From the outside view I can see, that the gear indeed is down (only the left). Furthermore I am in FMC speed mode, but the speed is far below the values in the legs pages. Yet, although too slow, the speed is correct in the PFD. I mean to say, that the magenta speedmarker is also much lower than the planned values. Is this an automatic correction for the excessive drag?I don't have a clue what I did wrong.Regards,

Herman Nienhuis

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

The speed can be lower, because you should be much lower according to VNAV, than you probably are at the moment. So it automatically reduces speed, and when you start descending, it will adjust to a higher speed, and try to retain the VNAV height. It usually happens, when the default ATC doesnt let you descend at yout T/D point.

I thought this was an issue with the service pack... when did you download and install the service pack? It was updated shortly after release, as there was an issue described involving something to do with the gear lights, if my ailing memory serves me well...Try reinstalling the SPAndrew

I think you do have a failure on the left gear. Especially because you have a worning (green and red light) on the left gear.Try deleting it in de FMC under the faillures and give service to your systems and then see if it is gone.Succes!

I thought this was an issue with the service pack... when did you download and install the service pack? It was updated shortly after release, as there was an issue described involving something to do with the gear lights, if my ailing memory serves me well...Try reinstalling the SPAndrew
Hi Andrew,I downloaded SP1 and the 6700 add-on within hours of release. I did see RSR's warning on something wrong with SP1, but also that the possibility of running into trouble was very small. So I didn't change anything.The whole install itself was a clean one since I had bought new hardware the week before. But I think I'll just do what you suggest and remove the NGX completely and then install my original installer, a fresh SP1 and the 6700 again. Takes some time, but won't hurt. I'll let you know if it works!Thanks!Herman.
I think you do have a failure on the left gear. Especially because you have a worning (green and red light) on the left gear.Try deleting it in de FMC under the faillures and give service to your systems and then see if it is gone.Succes!
Hi Maarten, Sure enough I had a failure on the left gear (it retracted upon landing, so the wing dropped and I had to keep it off the ground as long as possible with my aillerons), but all FMC failures are set to "off". It is a fresh install clean out of the box (download that is ;-)), and I didn't change anything sofar. I only installed a few liveries (new ones) but none for the 600 that gave the problem. So a failure shouldn't have happened to start with!As Andrew suggested, I'll do a new install, hope that helps ...Thanks!Herman.

Herman Nienhuis

Hallo Herman,I made a clean install and installed the servicepack. Then I installed the Tansavia livery for the 800WL, started a flight and all went well.In the climb after 5-10 minutes flight time the plane started to make a sharp left turn. Autopilot still engaged, no warnings or what so ever. Then I checked the flightpath and noticed that there was no sharp turn in the path, after I changed from CMDA to CMDB the turn was continued. After disengaging the autopilot all went well and I was able to continue the flight. At the gate I cheked the MCp and saw a servicebased failure in the autopilot.So a failure can happen to start with.....

I can conclude that prior to your reinstall you did not remove some settings and that service based failures were maybe still active as a result of having been set previously. But if you do a clean install with absolutely no previous files, then failures are switched off by default. Andrew

I can conclude that prior to your reinstall you did not remove some settings and that service based failures were maybe still active as a result of having been set previously. But if you do a clean install with absolutely no previous files, then failures are switched off by default.Andrew
I never activated failures sofar. I can't handle that, since I only started flying airliners in February this year (yes, default 737). In real life I have only flown (motor)gliders, so I'm pretty busy studying this magnificent PMDG simulation. So I wonder, could installing liveries have this effect? All settings are per airframe/tailnumber as I understand it. Would it be possible that some "official" liveries (downloaded from the PMDG site) have failures set to active? I have been playing around a littlebit with the settings, loading other configurations into the FMC to see the difference in equipment and so on. Maybe in this proces options got accidentely transplanted to other liveries? Otherwise it doesn't make sense, since I never touched failure option settings ...Herman

Herman Nienhuis

Hallo Herman,I made a clean install and installed the servicepack. Then I installed the Tansavia livery for the 800WL, started a flight and all went well.In the climb after 5-10 minutes flight time the plane started to make a sharp left turn. Autopilot still engaged, no warnings or what so ever. Then I checked the flightpath and noticed that there was no sharp turn in the path, after I changed from CMDA to CMDB the turn was continued. After disengaging the autopilot all went well and I was able to continue the flight. At the gate I cheked the MCp and saw a servicebased failure in the autopilot.So a failure can happen to start with.....
Hi Maarten,This really sounds weird. Such things shouldn't happen when failures are disabled, don't you think? If your LNAV was set properly the sharp turn could not have occurred, unless we are dealing with some kind of error here. Tomorrow I will fly the 600 back from Helsinki to Brussels. Giving the fact that everything was installed again, now with the current SP1, I really hope that the plane will do what I expect and the FMC is telling me ...Groeten,Herman.

Herman Nienhuis

I thought this was an issue with the service pack... when did you download and install the service pack? It was updated shortly after release, as there was an issue described involving something to do with the gear lights, if my ailing memory serves me well... Try reinstalling the SP Andrew
As promised: After a clean install today I flew the 600 back from Helsinki to Brussels. Everything was OK, no failures or bugs whatsoever. Sure hope that it stays this way!Regards,Herman.

Herman Nienhuis

I just departed JFK with a poor crosswind takeoff, causing excessive pressure on my left landing strut. I have the same issue, stuck gear, so I'm in the radar pattern getting vectored back to 22L. Hopefully the gear will hold, but I believe this was caused by my poor technique. I'm not sure if the NGX models such particular gear damage, but it sure is good to have to stay on the sharp end with this aircraft. I actually did a double-take when I checked for 3 extinguished lights after gear retraction and I saw an amber and a green left. I couldn't find the the emergency checklist for this, does anyone know what page it is on in the manual?