Sign in to follow this  
zazaboeing

Some Issues after SP1

Hi guys, here are some issues I still see after SP1 installed:- Flight Controls Display during FC check, moving the wheel all the way left or right doesn't raise the FLT SPLR all the way Up like it should;- Online Activation being requested EVERYTIME I select a NGX aircraft;- Custom Wpts creation and PBD from Custom Waypoints created still doesn't work;- Fine correction/tracking of the LNAV route on final approaches sometimes takes too long to be performed, you may fly with 0.6 to 0.3 Left or Right of route 'till runway threshold. - Exiting FSX or changing to another aircraft always crashes FsX- Still acts weird in some holdings, yesterday it was performing a nice parallel entry and in the middle of the inbound turn it reverted to a teardrop, turning to the other side Worried.gifLet's also point the good side: Love.gif- Great job on the Tkof F/D modes and autoflight guidance! It's perfect now!- Go-around is corrected!- VAPP being correctly selected on Vnav approaches

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Your view on idle thrust settings in the 800? During approach and later parts of descent?

It's a little bit high, but still realistic, except for the gear down which commands an approach idle too high in my opinion, making almost no drag x n1 increase .In the real aircraft gear would give you more drag than that and the engine goes to app idle AFTER 3 green lights, not when gear is commanded down like in the NGX.

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Im actually glad these issues are being up by a real world 737 pilot rather than a teen wannabee who knows nothing!

Rafael,same like u about:- end flight = crash- change aircraft (from pmdg to any) = crashthese never happen before the SP1 but honestly i can live even with this. i only use the 737 and when i have to exit i just select directly "exit from fsx"

In the real aircraft gear would give you more drag than that and the engine goes to app idle AFTER 3 green lights, not when gear is commanded down like in the NGX.
In which case, I hope PMDG have noticed this thread, and are investigating.

Martin-We see everything. (You done with those M&Ms sitting next you your mouse?)Fixing: We'll see. Problems that occur when re-loading the NGX repeatedly are problems internally with FSX. They have been around since the 400X and we always have recommended that you never reload the same airplane twice.The CTD on exit seems to come and go- and we have not succeeded in finding a cause even after two years of trying.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Martin-We see everything. (You done with those M&Ms sitting next you your mouse?)
What the... now that is just spooky.You'll have me so paranoid, I'll be believing in the Illuminati, 9/11 conspiracies, faked moon landings, and that the queen is a shape-shifting alien reptile next.Big Grin.gif

What the... now that is just spooky.You'll have me so paranoid, I'll be believing in the Illuminati, 9/11 conspiracies, faked moon landings, and that the queen is a shape-shifting alien reptile next.Big%20Grin.gif
The landings and the Queen are real? No kidding.....not so sure.Steve

Yes the moon landings are real Steve, and did you know that the astronauts found Optimus Prime?

Martin-We see everything. (You done with those M&Ms sitting next you your mouse?)Fixing: We'll see. Problems that occur when re-loading the NGX repeatedly are problems internally with FSX. They have been around since the 400X and we always have recommended that you never reload the same airplane twice.The CTD on exit seems to come and go- and we have not succeeded in finding a cause even after two years of trying.
Thanks for the answer, and for the "watching" Robert!

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Hi guys, here are some issues I still see after SP1 installed:- Flight Controls Display during FC check, moving the wheel all the way left or right doesn't raise the FLT SPLR all the way Up like it should;- Online Activation being requested EVERYTIME I select a NGX aircraft;- Custom Wpts creation and PBD from Custom Waypoints created still doesn't work;- Fine correction/tracking of the LNAV route on final approaches sometimes takes too long to be performed, you may fly with 0.6 to 0.3 Left or Right of route 'till runway threshold.- Exiting FSX or changing to another aircraft always crashes FsX- Still acts weird in some holdings, yesterday it was performing a nice parallel entry and in the middle of the inbound turn it reverted to a teardrop, turning to the other side
I have just begun to run the 800/900 thru its paces after SP1 but also noticed what I have highlighted above but am very pleased with the AT on GoArounds and the pitch seems to be right according to FCOM. I am still troubled by the holding entries that FMC occasionally misinterprets drastically and have another post here on that issue alone.Another thing I have noticed in SP1 is that Autothrottles will not reduce to idle to intercept deceleration restriction if using Vnav. FMC will correctly command it on the PFD at the deceleration point but instead of reducing to idle it accelerates. If I use gear or spoilers the throttles just increase to compensate! Manually using speed intervention also seems not to retard the throttles but will instead just reduce decent angle with N1 remaining the same. I have had to manually reduce throttles on both test flights.

Martin-We see everything. (You done with those M&Ms sitting next you your mouse?)Fixing: We'll see.Problems that occur when re-loading the NGX repeatedly are problems internally with FSX. They have been around since the 400X and we always have recommended that you never reload the same airplane twice.The CTD on exit seems to come and go- and we have not succeeded in finding a cause even after two years of trying.
About CTDs on exit. When I first bought NGX, they happened all the time. I had HF4 at the time and even with it I had CTDs. But some time after a miracle had happened - they vanished. I dunno why, I didn't do anything, they just went away. Magic... :D

And here's a public thanks to you as well Rafa, for taking some of your precious downtime with the family to check these things out. It's great to be able to count on professionals like yourself to make this fantastic simultion even better. Thanks for staying on the lookout Rob. Congratulations, as always, on such a great product!