Sign in to follow this  
BobP

Skeleton graphic tail section for a few seconds..

Hi everyone,I am enjoying the 600 series and have a small annoying problem. When ever I switch from the VC view to external view the tail section displays the frame, then quickly draws the skin. I did not notice this before SP1. If I jump from the VC view to wing view then to external, the tail section is drawn correctly. This occurs on the 600 and 700 series and to a lesser extent on the 800's. I have uninstalled and re-installed the planes. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.Bob Price

Have you added HighMemFix=1 to your fsx.cfg?
Yes, thank you for the reply.Bob

Happens to me too but only for half a second. If you have a fast CPU and Video Card you probably won't notice it. But on slower systems it will you will definately notice it. Do not think there is anything you can do about this other than getting a faster Rig.

I do see this from time to time as well, with the highmemfix switch.I tend to regard it as a minor side effect of PMDG taking the NGX so close to (and sometimes beyond) the limits that FSX imposes.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I see it only after SP1...around denser airports and with UT2 running. Never saw it before SP1. Obviously a bit of a memory issue but I hope SP1 isn't using more memory than pre-SP1...whatever it's not a big deal.

I see it only after SP1...around denser airports and with UT2 running. Never saw it before SP1. Obviously a bit of a memory issue but I hope SP1 isn't using more memory than pre-SP1...whatever it's not a big deal.
same here. mostly at complex airports. never had anything go wrong because of it.

Thanks everyone for your replies. It is nice to hear others see the issue, and I also do not see any ill side effects. Hopefully PMDG will be able to address it in a future service pack as it is a new 'undocumented feature' of SP1 for me. :)Bob

Happens to me too but only for half a second. If you have a fast CPU and Video Card you probably won't notice it. But on slower systems it will you will definately notice it. Do not think there is anything you can do about this other than getting a faster Rig.
Happens to me and i think my rig should handle it (see sig)

IT Happens to me from time to time for about a half second, then all is well. No biggie considering how hard we are pushing our machines with this thing. I mean I have all my sliders to the right except water and I am running VERY DENSE on the right hand sliders. Not bad I would say.

It's hardware related. Had the same problem on my old computer. Upgraded with a better CPU and graphics card and I don't have the issue anymore.

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

I always get this on the non WL model... no idea why...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

started happening to me also with the 800WL, never saw it before SP1.... not a big deal but sorta distracting.cheers-andy crosby