Sign in to follow this  
Ferradini

MY First CTD, Freeze and Cause

I know most of you guys are pretty savvy with software, but for people like me who are more knowledgable about hardware than software, today I had my first CTD with the NGX. I restarted FSX again and then the NGX kept freezing up on me. I couldn't figure out what was happening since it has never done it before, until in the middle of the flight FSX didn't crash but it got minimize by itself, back to desktop and my anti-virus gave me the message that the scan was completed, BINGO!!!. After that no more CTD or Freeze for the rest of the flight. Could this imply that some CDT happening to others could be from programs running in the background or program add-ons running along FSX?

Raul

San Juan, P.R..

Windows 7 Pro 64bit, 3.5ghz Ivy Bridge, NvidiaGTX1080, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, 1000w Power supply, Corsair H100 cooler

http://www.youtube.c...75?feature=mhee

very possible so many variables than can interfere with a program like FSX than needs lots of resources to run

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Hello Raul,It's mentioned in the forum (and possibly the manual) that you should set your anti-virus to exclude the FSX folder.The ideal solution (also recommend by PMDG) is that FSX reside on the root of the drive, C:FSX or D:FSX in my case, and set your anti-virus tohave a scan exception for this folder.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Lets hope someone making a future virus does`t say mmmm that would upset a few people lets hide a virus or trojan there where it will be undetected. I made no exception and all is well here. My AV only runs manually and when FSX isn`t running. I`m happier this way too.Steve

Hello mine resides in x86, how can you move the whole lot to a new folder say C:FSX ? after sp1 mine now crashes on exit and when starting it is just plain grey for the first 20 seconds?thanksjames.

Not recommend to move the folder, rather somthing to think about on your next install.(http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

As I don't use my PC for anything else when using FSX, I disable my AV completely using a batch file to stop the AV services and processes. I've done this since the early days of FS9.

Hello Raul,It's mentioned in the forum (and possibly the manual) that you should set your anti-virus to exclude the FSX folder.The ideal solution (also recommend by PMDG) is that FSX reside on the root of the drive, C:FSX or D:FSX in my case, and set your anti-virus tohave a scan exception for this folder.
Hello JudeActually I have my FSX in C:/FSX, I re-installed it there when I upgraded my computer from Vista 32bit to 7 64bit. I have my anti-virus to run a scan at 2am so it never interfere with what I'm doing but last night I couldn't sleep so I decided to take a flight and then it happened and I completely forgot about the 2am scan.

Raul

San Juan, P.R..

Windows 7 Pro 64bit, 3.5ghz Ivy Bridge, NvidiaGTX1080, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, 1000w Power supply, Corsair H100 cooler

http://www.youtube.c...75?feature=mhee