Sign in to follow this  
ontheair

NGX 6-700 and 8-900 do they really differ ?

"The package includes the 600, 700 and 700WL (winglet) variants along with all the cockpit, engine, sound, flight model and performance differences they bring compared to their longer 800 and 900 siblings. The 600 and 700 are the perfect complement to the 800 and 900 for all your shorter lower-density routes"To be honest and except their size/shape/fuel and payload capacities, I don't see such big differences between the 2 NGX models : same glass cockpit/equipment&display and all the rest seem to be very similar apart the flight dynamics and performances.But does it make such a difference ? I may be wrong but this new NGX version makes me feel I've just purchased new NGX liveries.Anyway the NGX stays an excellent add-on so I'm not that disappointed

To be honest and To be honest andTo be honest and except their size/shape/fuel and payload capacities, I don't see such big differences between the 2 NGX models : same glass cockpit/equipment&display and all the rest seem to be very similar apart the flight dynamics and performances.
size/shape/fuel and payload capacities,Err, yes, correct, they are different.same glass cockpit/equipment&display Yes, correct, they are the same.very similar apart the flight dynamics and performances.Yes, correct, the flight dynamics are different.They look different and they fly different... What else were you expecting... anti-gravity generators? Big%20Grin.gif

And even the short variants are still 737s, so you can't really expect dramatically different flying behavior, VTOL capabilities or air-to-air missles. :wink:The climate control in the cockpit is different, by the way.

"The package includes the 600, 700 and 700WL (winglet) variants along with all the cockpit, engine, sound, flight model and performance differences they bring compared to their longer 800 and 900 siblings. The 600 and 700 are the perfect complement to the 800 and 900 for all your shorter lower-density routes"To be honest and except their size/shape/fuel and payload capacities, I don't see such big differences between the 2 NGX models : same glass cockpit/equipment&display and all the rest seem to be very similar apart the flight dynamics and performances.But does it make such a difference ? I may be wrong but this new NGX version makes me feel I've just purchased new NGX liveries.Anyway the NGX stays an excellent add-on so I'm not that disappointed
that is why I did not buy it, just b/c of "I may be wrong but this new NGX version makes me feel I've just purchased new NGX liveries"I feel the same as you do.I am happy with my 800 and I only do short flights. and in the real world that fly as a passenger all the time (South-East Asia) all their short flights are done either by an Airbus 32x or 737-800.so for me 737-800 is for shorter flights.if you weant longer flights, then use the 747, etc.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

You can feel the diference in any approach procedure!!! If not, go ahead with short flights in your 738. it is fine but take care in short runways and dangerous approachs.

never had an issue with my 738 on dangerous approaches, I find it pretty easy as far as Airplane size and RW length, never felt this limitation of short RW.but again , I am hand flying the plane manually following the procedures output of the ND, PFD, etc instrument(s) that I pre-configured in the FMS , I wouldn't know how would it be when you autopilot the plane, maybe it is different and more complex when you use auto pilot.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

But the flight dynamics is what it's all about, the 600 is great fun - with no pass/cargo and low fuel I use it like a GA aircraft and land on grass fields smile.png

Yes, the flight dynamics are noticeably different. And if, like me, you love the challenge of flying into very small runways, then the reduced landing distance of the 600 with SFP, is entertaining.WestJet didn't buy the 600 variant for nothing.It also gets boring flying an aircraft with the same characteristics over and over again, great to jump into the 600 and feel the extra performance, and experience the short field capability.Each to his own, whatever crumbles your cookie. But to say the 600/700 package is just liveries is very naive.

The 600 has really won me over, try flying it into KHQM with that orbx scenery, its amazing.

never had an issue with my 738 on dangerous approaches, I find it pretty easy as far as Airplane size and RW length, never felt this limitation of short RW.but again , I am hand flying the plane manually following the procedures output of the ND, PFD, etc instrument(s) that I pre-configured in the FMS , I wouldn't know how would it be when you autopilot the plane, maybe it is different and more complex when you use auto pilot.
Woow You are the Man! Great!!!!

Noone noticed that air conditioning is different?Except for that, they are NGs, the only difference are the added or removed fuselage sections.Also the wings are the same, so also the fuel tank have same limits.So, it's right to say that they have :-the same glass cockpit (you can customize them by adding or changing, or removing options) and there is the exception of the air cond. panel that is different, you will see also a difference in the current loads.-The same fuel quantity but different fuel consuption-same shape except for long or short fuselage, but you will feel during flight as the dynamics are not the sameSo, they are different planes.If you are not happy with it, don't buy it, if you bought expecting something else, you did a mistake, the plane is supposed to be in that manner, pmdg cannot simulate a 747 cockpit for a 737 just to add a difference that doesn't exist. ;-)

Regards

Andrea Daviero

In my opinion the -900 is like driving a Peterbilt semi and the -600 is like driving a Corvette. Both fun, but both perform dramatically different. The expansion is worth the $25 IMHO.Cheers!

To those wavering with the 6/700 purchase; your really missing out! The all fly similarly of course, that's the condition of that common type rating ;), but you'll find many I your procedural flying quite different between the variants. Yes you can bomb around in your 800 cross country hauling huge load factors or you can settle in to the 600 and do those ambiguous routes with no fancy STARs, NDB approaches, and nice tight runway environments...and do them realistically. You'll find yourself doing all sorts of milk-runs in the -700 series, cross crossing all over and giving yourself plenty if approach and landing practice...with the flexibility of doing those long legs just as you would do with the -800/900.Yes it's a bummer PMDG sorta reneged on the all variants in one deal, but 95 bones (or whatver it cost) for the whole meal deal is worth it anyways.