Sign in to follow this  
ontheair

NGX 6-700 and 8-900 do they really differ ?

Yep, I noticed a little more engine "whine" on the shorter models.I can tell a good bit of differences in the way they handle, but I'vebeen so busy lately, I really haven't had a whole lot of time to flythe 600/700. Had to go to AR for a funeral this week..But I can tell a good difference in the way the 700 and 800 land.The 700 feels less nose heavy on touchdown for one thing..The 800 seems to want to drop down on the nose gear a tadfaster than the 700.I liked the way the 600 felt, and again, it's different than the800/900's. So there is a difference between each one.I actually feel the least difference comparing the 800 to the 900.They both feel pretty similar to me.I'm going to make me a BBJ paint job for the 600 when I getaround to it. I'm using the "Janet" livery for now.The 700 I fly with Southwest paint 90% of the time.That was the one I was really waiting for.. But the 600 is agood one too. I think it will make a nifty little BBJ to hoparound in.

"The package includes the 600, 700 and 700WL (winglet) variants along with all the cockpit, engine, sound, flight model and performance differences they bring compared to their longer 800 and 900 siblings. The 600 and 700 are the perfect complement to the 800 and 900 for all your shorter lower-density routes"To be honest and except their size/shape/fuel and payload capacities, I don't see such big differences between the 2 NGX models : same glass cockpit/equipment&display and all the rest seem to be very similar apart the flight dynamics and performances.But does it make such a difference ? I may be wrong but this new NGX version makes me feel I've just purchased new NGX liveries.Anyway the NGX stays an excellent add-on so I'm not that disappointed
There are subtle differences between the 600/700/800 (don't know about the 900 since i dont fly it) if you care enough to find them.Of course there is a great degree of commonality between the 737NG series members, just like with the Airbus A318/319/320/321, which the airline industry sees as an advantage because of decreased pilot training costs.What did you expect PMDG to do? Invent some entirely new airplane and leave reality behind?I sometimes have the feeling that some people are going for superficial "best bang for the buck" only instead of appreciating deep realism and subtle attention to detail.

Dave P. Woycek

Yes, the flight dynamics are noticeably different. And if, like me, you love the challenge of flying into very small runways, then the reduced landing distance of the 600 with SFP, is entertaining.WestJet didn't buy the 600 variant for nothing.It also gets boring flying an aircraft with the same characteristics over and over again, great to jump into the 600 and feel the extra performance, and experience the short field capability.Each to his own, whatever crumbles your cookie. But to say the 600/700 package is just liveries is very naive.
+1
Yes, the flight dynamics are noticeably different. And if, like me, you love the challenge of flying into very small runways, then the reduced landing distance of the 600 with SFP, is entertaining.WestJet didn't buy the 600 variant for nothing.It also gets boring flying an aircraft with the same characteristics over and over again, great to jump into the 600 and feel the extra performance, and experience the short field capability.Each to his own, whatever crumbles your cookie. But to say the 600/700 package is just liveries is very naive.
I dont what it is but I've fallen in love with the 600, she is brilliant. She feels different, lighter, easier to handle. Love the short hops and the longer trips. They're all definitely different

What I like about the combined NGX packages is that you can choose to fly short regional hops with the 600 to 3000nm cruises with the 900 and everything between. You can choose from a massive range of genuine commercial routes using the authentic aircraft.In my opinion, the 600/700 is well worth the extra money.

In my opinion the -900 is like driving a Peterbilt semi and the -600 is like driving a Corvette. Both fun, but both perform dramatically different. The expansion is worth the $25 IMHO.Cheers!
Buddy has said it perfectly. In my opinion they are different and similar, like different models of the same car. if you were expecting a different plane, then you should have bought a different plane

Max

PMDG 747X & 737NGX Pilot

I think there's a big difference, especially (obviously) between the 900 and the 600. They sure as sh*t handle quite differently.I think the 600 is just brilliant. I only wish there were more paints for it - real or not.I don't understand quite why, but I have noticed the difference 'feels' less defined if I use a joystick. When using the usual yoke, the FD feel markedly diferent.Loving it! Great bird - Thanks PMDG!

I think there's a big difference, especially (obviously) between the 900 and the 600. They sure as sh*t handle quite differently.I think the 600 is just brilliant. I only wish there were more paints for it - real or not.I don't understand quite why, but I have noticed the difference 'feels' less defined if I use a joystick. When using the usual yoke, the FD feel markedly diferent.Loving it! Great bird - Thanks PMDG!
My biggest wish would be for a fantasy -600 livery would be an Alaska Airlines standard livery. I fly almost exclusively in Alaska and a WestJet -600 in not really "fitting in"!

I can only echo what others have said... the handling and performance of the 600 and 700 is quite different from that of the 800. While procedures and graphical appearance are very similar (as you would expect), the differences for the flight sim pilot can only realised once you take it for a (hand)fly.

I'm just waiting for an airTran repaint. Then I'll ###### these babies up.Edit. LOL. What? SN#TCH?!
Zach-You just had me laughing so hard I woke up The Lovely Dr. Randazzo... (and Gracie, the Golden Retriever, who now insists I go stand outside in the -3C cold while she does her business....)I think thats twice for you in the same month, isn't it? hahahahahahaha

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I'm going to make me a BBJ paint job for the 600 when I getaround to it.
I got around to the first one anyway... :/Nothing too fancy, but gives it kind of a corporate BBJ look.. :/My new private ride... This was the Janet plane with a colortweak.bbj-1.jpgbbj-2.jpg

out of curiosity....the -700 cockpit size is the same as the -800? or is a bit smaller?
Th cockpits are the same size in all the models. The difference in size come from different size "plugs" they insert in front of and behind the wings.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

out of curiosity....the -700 cockpit size is the same as the -800? or is a bit smaller?
From the nose to the first passenger window after the entry door (section 41) all Ngs are the same, from 600 to 900.The wing box section (the one above the wings) have the same lenght on all models but different overwing exits (section 43).Same for tail (section 47 and 48)Between nose section and wing section, and between wing section to tail section (tail section starts 2 windows BEFORE aft entry door) there are the difference between the various series. Shorter or longer added fuselage sections will determine wich model it will be.Other differences are present, but not too much.

Regards

Andrea Daviero