Hello,I am thinking of going down the line of some proper watercooling to replace my H60. I have decided to go for one of XSPC's range of kits which save you close to $100 in Australia. I am thinking of going for the RS360 kit but am wondering if it would be worth going for a RX240 instead. If its just a little difference and the RX240 is better, I would go for the RS360 just cos it looks better biggrin.png However, if it is significant, i will choose the RX240. I was also wondering if I need to be buying any coolant or can I just use some water. Secondly, should I be purchasing any addon fans because I have seen no specs for these fans and was wondering if they would be any good. Thanks in advance,

Feel free to send me your unwanted H60 ;)

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Pay for shipping?
LOL, I was joking. Thanks for the kind offer though im Not Worthy.gif Get it on Ebay and get yourself some new payware with the proceeds!!

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Yeah, I was joking with the pay for shipping too. Some things just can't be understood in words.Whew.gif Anyone got any suggestions for my WC setup?

I would do the RS360. I'm pretty sure a thin 360 beats a thick 240, but I could be wrong. Those Rasa kits are very very good - especially for the money. I would stick with the fans it comes with. I think they're yate loons - supposedly fairly decent stuff. Couple other notes...Just use distilled water ($1 at the grocery store) and throw a silver killcoil in the reservoir - that's seriously all there is to it. Don't use dyes or any nonsense like that or your system will gunk up.I would recommend buying some 7/16" hose instead of using the 1/2" hose that comes with the Rasa kit. 7/16" fits tight enough over 1/2" barbs that several people don't even bother putting hose clamps on it. Of course, it never hurts.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Thanks a lot for that Corey, will take that info. I am thinking of buying a simple $20 Scythe 4 Fan controller as well, I would really love a quiet PC. I think the advantafe of the RX rads is that they dont need as faster fans for the same temps.

I would recommend buying some 7/16" hose instead of using the 1/2" hose that comes with the Rasa kit. 7/16" fits tight enough over 1/2" barbs that several people don't even bother putting hose clamps on it. Of course, it never hurts.
It says on the specs at PCCG that it comes with 7/16 tubing for the 1/2" barbs. Its confusing with all the ID and OD stuff. And can I ask, please forgive me as I am in no way experienced at WC, what are the silver killcoils?

I have become a bit disappointed with water cooling. Second time in 2 months I have had to send back my pc as the water pump packed up.

I have become a bit disappointed with water cooling. Second time in 2 months I have had to send back my pc as the water pump packed up.
That's kind of an open ended statement. Care to share the details? Some of the stuff being installed out there is not up to the same rigid specs as Corsair or Swiftech, for example. If you have had 2 problems in 2 months, I would suspect you might be getting some junk or poor installation.

I have seen lots of reviews on this kit which have lead me to it, i have lot's of confidence that it will work. I am just looking for some tips.

Hi Andrew,If you do go with either of the RASA kits, bear in mind the following:

• The pump is fairly weak.. It will be fine for the kit setup but if you add a GPU block to the loop and another radiator it will struggle.
  • The tubing that is included in the kit is not great and tends to discolour quite easily. Rather pick up some other tubing such as Primochill. Plus you can get some great colours. 7/16th ID(Inner Diameter) tubing over 1/2 inch barbs creates a much tighter seal which is great as it will further help with preventing any leaks, but it is tricky to get over the barbs.
  • The fans that come with the kit are not brilliant... though depending on how you feel about noise they will work well enough. You could pick up others that will be better in both airflow and sound.
  • The RS radiator is best used with higher RPM fans (more noise) while the RX radiator is best suited for low speed fans (quieter)

Hope that helps

I use two RX-360s in series, mounted in an external cooling tower. Even with six (low-speed) fans running, it's deadly quiet. My water-cooled GTX580 (overclocked to 1000 MHz) runs at 31 deg C wide open.Don't bother with the special coolant, it's not worth the expense. After a few hours of operation it'll absorb enough contaminants to lose any touted non-conductivity. FWIW, pure water is also nonconductive...Whatever you do, do NOT mix brass and aluminum components anywhere in the same cooling loop, or you'll destroy it with dissimilar metal corrosion. Silver is OK with either.And don't forget to add an anti-microbial chemical to your water--I use Petra's PT Nuke, which is basically just concentrated benzylkonium chloride.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case