Sign in to follow this  
Simmo W

Tom Kyler interview- scenery for xp10

As ever, Tom communicates most clearly and enthusiastically in this interview, particularly about his work on xp10's scenery and happenings in the near future. some nice pictures here too.We hope you enjoyhttp://xplane10.wordpress.com/2011/11/04/developer-interview-tom-kyler-v2-0/Simon and Chip

Great review. I am a bit disspointed by the one and only "detailed" airport (KSEA).I would have expected a couple so that we can hop for fun from the start but this will do OK as long as we can get some more later.Good read!

I am excited to get back into the XP world as I left it last Feb. The MU shots make me dearly miss that bird. Cannot wait for the new XP and new MU2. Now lets just hope our computers can handle all these new toys and it comes out in time for XMAS!

I am excited to get back into the XP world as I left it last Feb. The MU shots make me dearly miss that bird. Cannot wait for the new XP and new MU2. Now lets just hope our computers can handle all these new toys and it comes out in time for XMAS!
Yes those pics of the mu make me want Tom to drop everything and get his upgrade out! Just kidding..

Very informative. I do have a question though about a comment that Tom made regarding lights. Tom stated that the new lights in XP10 do not cast shadows, however, in this screen capture, I think I see a shadow of the doorknob on the left. Just wondering about that. By the way, this title looks great from what I have seen and I really appreciate the development teams effots.xplane10_10.jpg

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

From another post, some don't care that a truck casts shadows so I wonder if they are going to care if a doorknob casts a shadow.I wonder if all the ants running around on the ground are going to cast shadows as well?

One default airport using the new technology? Huh?I guess I'm more confused then ever. So are the shots of the lego brick airport models that are so impressive, etc. just hypothetical pieces that 3rd party developers can use?They won't be used in how the base sims builds default airports?

I wonder if all the ants running around on the ground are going to cast shadows as well?
No shadows, but each ant will make use of a full fledged Locomotion Model based on Blade Element Theory. tongue.png

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

From another post, some don't care that a truck casts shadows so I wonder if they are going to care if a doorknob casts a shadow.I wonder if all the ants running around on the ground are going to cast shadows as well?
Jim,I am sorry to inform you that ants will not be included in the first release. :)

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Darn it all. Well, I hope Flight has the ants because I have already requested cats and dogs.