Sign in to follow this  
chevol

Very loud cockpit: ventilation ?

This problem may not be linked to the NGX at all. I get a permanent very loud and lousy noise in the cockpit, like ventilation. It covers all other sounds. I have it even in a cold and dark cockpit. I tried all settings: FSX and NGX but it is always there. Any idea where it comes from and what adjustment I could make?Cheers.

Luc Voeltzel LSGG

I went into the NGX sound file and removed the noisy ones, very peacefull now :-)

Jay

Thank you! I tried hitting Q twice: no change. Jay which are the "noisy" ones ??

Luc Voeltzel LSGG

I dont recommend removing any files - this can lead to other complications.First make sure your FSX and PMDG sound levels are set to the recommended levels as shown in the manual.If it is still too loud - you can turn down the PACK sounds from the FMC / Sound Options.Finally if nothing else works - you can locate the loud sound file and using an audio editor reduce the volume of the actual file - make sure to backup the original file before attempting this.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

I am amazed so many people still can't "handle" the realistic sounds. All sliders on 50% in the FSX config. Real jet cockpits are not "quiet" or peaceful! they are filled with sounds of packs and cooling devices for all the computer screens / avionics. In addition, air vents pushing in pressurized air are also loud. On top of that you have the roar of wind that is REAL loud above about 250KTS. Finally, if you can hear all thru this other noise, then you can hear the engines, quietly, in the background! PMDG has it well done!!

Thank you! I tried hitting Q twice: no change. Jay which are the "noisy" ones ??
First, I set the sound level inthe FMC from 50 to 30Then I lowered some of the FSX sound slidersThese are the sounds I disabled, I didnt remove them, just changed the extensions, your milage may vary but for me, I like the results.C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSoundPMDG737NGXVariousPMDG_737_Cockipt.wavXXXPMDG_737_NoseGearAirflow.wavXXXPMDG_737_Packs_ext.wavXXXPMDG_737_Standyby_Instruments.wavXXXPMDG_737_Wind.wavXXX

Jay

Having just flown in a real world 737 800 I must say that i found a continuous high pitched whine in the cabin rather annoying too. Seemed to be something other than the aircon as it was still there during pushback when the packs were turned off for engine start. Curious as to what this sound is. Mercifully it doesn't seem to be simulated in the PMDG 737 800!Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Yes very loud and unnatural, does have to do anything with hitting the q twice. It is almost the same sound as when you lower the gear..You turn the engines off and everything off and the gear sound keeps humming loud....super loud. besides if the plane is parked on the ground the sound should not be running...BUT the nose gear sound was produced and recorded with very high levels as a matter of fact is has peaks of almost +3 decibels over 0DB. I lowered -5db to calm it down a little, the FMC sound options does not have an adjustment for this.... BWT I am a Sound Engineer myself... peaks over 0 db in digital sound is OVER modulation big time... -20db's digital is 0 db analog. Therefore when a sound like this have this powerfull signal...it is LOUD..

I dont recommend removing any files - this can lead to other complications.First make sure your FSX and PMDG sound levels are set to the recommended levels as shown in the manual.If it is still too loud - you can turn down the PACK sounds from the FMC / Sound Options.Finally if nothing else works - you can locate the loud sound file and using an audio editor reduce the volume of the actual file - make sure to backup the original file before attempting this.
First, I set the sound level inthe FMC from 50 to 30Then I lowered some of the FSX sound slidersThese are the sounds I disabled, I didnt remove them, just changed the extensions, your milage may vary but for me, I like the results.C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSoundPMDG737NGXVariousPMDG_737_Cockipt.wavXXXPMDG_737_NoseGearAirflow.wavXXXPMDG_737_Packs_ext.wavXXXPMDG_737_Standyby_Instruments.wavXXXPMDG_737_Wind.wavXXX
The sound engineer from PMDG recommends not to remove the files.. Something tells me it might be a good idea to listen to him

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Gents-If you find that there is too much noise coming from the air conditioning system, reach up over the FOs head and turn off the recirc fans.This will reduce the noise somewhat.The fellow in the middle of this thread who mentioned the high pitch whine in the pax cabin: Those are the fuel boost pumps you are hearing in the wing tanks. You CAN actually hear them in the cockpit, but they are VERY VERY faint...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

The sound engineer from PMDG recommends not to remove the files.. Something tells me it might be a good idea to listen to him
I have had these sounds disabled since the initial install, havent seen any negative effects yet. I like the cockpit quieter than default, to each his own, but tks for the advice. Even with these adjustments it's still plenty noisy!

Jay

I have a similar problem with mine. If I start in a cold and dark cockpit then it is silent UNTIL I change views by looking over the wing etc, then when I get back to the VC view there is this loud noise there similar to what you have described - even with nothing turned on in the cockpit. If I dont bother changing views from VC when I start, then the noise wont occur at all.The way I have been fixing this is to press ALT and then go into the FSX settings for sound and uncheck the 'Cockpit' box. Its fine after that.Oh I should mention that when I do this, all the proper sounds still seem to be there - all it does is gets rid of that one sound which seems to drown out everything else. The only negative effect I experience is then having the FSX menu band across the top of my screen. Im sure there is a way to get rid of that, I just dont know how.

I have a similar problem with mine. If I start in a cold and dark cockpit then it is silent UNTIL I change views by looking over the wing etc, then when I get back to the VC view there is this loud noise there similar to what you have described - even with nothing turned on in the cockpit. If I dont bother changing views from VC when I start, then the noise wont occur at all.The way I have been fixing this is to press ALT and then go into the FSX settings for sound and uncheck the 'Cockpit' box. Its fine after that.Oh I should mention that when I do this, all the proper sounds still seem to be there - all it does is gets rid of that one sound which seems to drown out everything else. The only negative effect I experience is then having the FSX menu band across the top of my screen. Im sure there is a way to get rid of that, I just dont know how.
are you in full mode screen or min mode screen, with the fsx menu bar since if you press the alt and enter it will remove the fsx menu bar

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

are you in full mode screen or min mode screen, with the fsx menu bar since if you press the alt and enter it will remove the fsx menu bar
Just press and hold the Alt key for a few seconds -> the menu bar will disappear.