Sign in to follow this  
chevol

Very loud cockpit: ventilation ?

I think the sound in the PMDG is amazing. Escpecially the dynamic touchdown sound.Bert Van Bulck

Gents-If you find that there is too much noise coming from the air conditioning system, reach up over the FOs head and turn off the recirc fans.This will reduce the noise somewhat.The fellow in the middle of this thread who mentioned the high pitch whine in the pax cabin: Those are the fuel boost pumps you are hearing in the wing tanks. You CAN actually hear them in the cockpit, but they are VERY VERY faint...
this...this is why we love PMDG :)

Bert-Glad to hear you like the touchdown sound that was added for SP1. We tweaked that a bit for a coming update... It was accidentally being triggered during the airplane initialization... oops. My fault.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I noticed that if you have the analog device the middle of he panel the cabin sound is slightly higher, if you switch to the digital device it is slightly lower, dunno why anyway or if I dreamt it.

I noticed that if you have the analog device the middle of he panel the cabin sound is slightly higher, if you switch to the digital device it is slightly lower, dunno why anyway or if I dreamt it.
No its real Mark - that is the sound of the analogue standby altimeter clicking away!

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

I have had these sounds disabled since the initial install, havent seen any negative effects yet. I like the cockpit quieter than default, to each his own, but tks for the advice. Even with these adjustments it's still plenty noisy!
I read after I posted that you just changed the extensions. So it would be a easy fix anyway if you did have a issue.
Bert-Glad to hear you like the touchdown sound that was added for SP1.We tweaked that a bit for a coming update... It was accidentally being triggered during the airplane initialization... oops. My fault.
Yeah I heard that a couple of times. Still one of my favorite additions of sp1. The sound on this plane is incredible. BTW any chance of a ground roll rattle noise down the road?

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Greetings all,While we're on the subject of "weird cockpit sounds", I've noticed (or perhaps imagined) a sound change when I turn on the yaw damper during the pre-flight checklist. Can't quite describe the change (I'm not home right now so I can't re-create it), but it kind of sounds like a different air flow. What is it exactly?

I am amazed so many people still can't "handle" the realistic sounds. All sliders on 50% in the FSX config. Real jet cockpits are not "quiet" or peaceful! they are filled with sounds of packs and cooling devices for all the computer screens / avionics. In addition, air vents pushing in pressurized air are also loud. On top of that you have the roar of wind that is REAL loud above about 250KTS. Finally, if you can hear all thru this other noise, then you can hear the engines, quietly, in the background! PMDG has it well done!!
+1 I flew on a 757-300, and its no that quiet, there is the wind noise conditions engines etc etc, pmdg has done it well,Daniel

Hello Guys

I know this topic has like 2 years :D But I had the same problem described by Chevol

As chiswick72 mentioned We can reduce the dB in the loud sounds

The load sound for my point of view is the WIND, this sound cover all other sounds and for me is to loud so I decided decrease the dB and now is great

If some of you want to reduce the dB you can go to Audicity page and download the sowftware (Its freeware)

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

- Backup your original Sound

- Open the loud sound

- To decrease the volume, use the slider bar with the +/- to increase/decrease the dB (I decreased 14-15 dB and for me is amazing)

- File -> Export and select the WAV files

- Save and replace in the FSXmaininstallation/Sound/PMDG/737NGX/Various

That's it

Hope this helps