Sign in to follow this  
harmen_r

Gate.

HiWhat is typical boarding area of a J4100 on big airport - I think the plane is way to small to be operated by a jetway?Thanks,Harmen

I would choose any gate or parking location that does not have a jetway. Since the JS4100 has it's own stairs at the boarding door, there is no point of having to connect a jetway.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Though I've seen CRJs parked to the jetways... It's probably not practical but it's possible.

Most airports have special gates for propjobs. You actually walk out onto the parking area and board there. I personally enjoy the experience, except when its raining

So, the most realistic experience you can get is to choose a ramp or a parking spot near a terminal? Or maybe GA parking?If you have for example a chart of a specific airport, is there any way you can see where the prop parking places are located, or the non jetway ones?Harmen

A good example of prop gates is the A terminal (east side) at IAD.

Kyle Rodgers

Though I've seen CRJs parked to the jetways... It's probably not practical but it's possible.
Porter does the same with their Q400's at CYOW and CYQM. But then again, the Q400 is a much larger aircraft.