Sign in to follow this  
speedbird2001

AI Shipping Do Complete Packages Exist ?

Trains would be much much more difficult!
It can be done by a genius like Oilver Probst (see Aerosoft 'Approaching Innsbruck') but you are right, doing it as AI traffic would be next to impossible. If FS9 wasn't a dying market, it might be possible to persuade Oliver to make and sell an AESLite utility so people could add vehicle/train scenery.. But it's just a dream - ain't gonna happen! LOL

I had an FS2000 KMSP scenery running in FS8 that had vehicles running around in the placement of the actual highways in the area. At night you could fly toward the parallel 30s over the highway and see the headlights a few hundred feet under you.msp2000.zip over on flightsim and maybe here plus two added files. I just had to use AFCAD to modify the layout a bit for alignment as I recall. I think an FS8 afcad was created for it. It lacked the Humphrey second terminal and of course there was no 17/35 in those days. The author is R. Ackerly.The Lindbergh terminal windows reflected your aircraft pulling in to the gate and you could see passengers and ticket counters through them (static objects, not painted onto window textures).

Chaps.Thanks very much for coming up with some excellentideas and pointers. E-Z scenery seems the way forward to. But it is interesting that technically at least it is possble to create, AI shipping. I have spent many years writing Flight Plans, however the whole business of creating AFCAD's for shipping, let alone waypoints and other things is a bit beyond me. I am sure however that one day, we can all look out our repestive cockpit windows and see shipping, similar to what we do in real life.Tristan

Holger Sandmann's Glacier Bay v2 has 4 or 5 AI cruise ships.Bill Lyons put a train in his Travel Air package.Opa put together an AI package for Lake Okanagan, BC. and another for New York Harbor. He also putAI ferries on Puget Sound.regards,JoeThere are more if you look

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but ladies and gentlemen, I have done it!

About 45000 ships worldwide in the sim, everywhere! Soon to be available when I tweaked it a bit.

Just need to adjust the headings, and they are there.

Hong Kong:

Screenshot22336_zps822521a3.jpg

vessels_moving_2013-12-12_zps1655526b.pn

Wow, great job! Looking forward to this. Ate the ships static?

Sent from my Nokia 1100

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I can hardly believe it.I have a few static ships from FS Shipyard dotted around the

English coast and one ferry plying between Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight, U.K.,

which came with a small Isle of Wight scenery, but 45,000 worldwide!!! The mind

boggles!!! Can't wait for you to finish it. Well done.Best wishes RegT.

Ships are static. Since they are slow movers you wont notice it i think.

You are right,movement in shipping is too slow to see from an aircraft. The illusion

of movement only needs a wake to be visible. \any chance of this? RegT

Depends on the library.

I only could find here a shiplib with 50 good ships.

However, there is an API library with ships, what have nightlighting and wakes.. but I dont know how to make that in a library.

Anyone ?

I need a few beta testers, if you want you can PM me. (give me your email address to send it to.. about 1.5 mb)

Ships are static. Since they are slow movers you wont notice it i think.

Master Johan! This leaves me speechless, thank you very very much!

Hi Johan,

Where did you get to with this package? I would be very happy to help test what I am sure is/would be a great addition to FS2004's world

Hi Folks,

Nice work on that ship project !!!

Anyone have a link to that moving ship tutorial by Holger ???  I'd like to add some moving ships to the Great Lakes in the US for a scenery project I am working on...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7