Sign in to follow this  
FloB

aerosoft xp10 screenshot collection

Some of those are old, but the new ones are very nice. Some of the scenery shots are pretty impressive. I especially like the third to last one, which shows a bright world (and addresses the concerns that XP is very dark). That Space Shuttle cockpit is really nice as well. And the space shuttle and 747 shot is nice. Also, did anyone notice the smudged screens in the 747 cockpit?

Daniel Miller

HelloLooks like FS2004 with better autogen

They look great. Nice lighting, textures and shapes, shadows and reflexions. Good overall impression and atmosphere.LIke FS2004? Please bore someone else Talking%20Ear%20Off.gif

They look great. Nice lighting, textures and shapes, shadows and reflexions. Good overall impression and atmosphere.LIke FS2004? Please bore someone else Talking%20Ear%20Off.gif
HelloWhy be so offensive.Fs2004 with a few good addons looks just like those shots, they look ok but not great, but just consider how old FS2004 is.Just look in the screenshots forum and you will see better shots than these from FS9 and FSX every day.And even back then FS2004 came with Seasons, ATC , full Ai and 24000 airfields most populated with buildings.XP-10 will arrive with one airport which is not modelled fully 20 Ai aircraft and NO seasons and an unfinished ATCI am not trolling here just giving an honest opinion.They are all just software programs, it is possible to judge them impartially you know.

I love shot FA-22A_44.jpg. It looks fantastic with the glare from the sun bouncing off the river.http://www.x-plane.com/wp/wp-content/gallery/x-plane-10-landscapes/shot%20FA-22A_44.jpg

They are all just software programs, it is possible to judge them impartially you know.
LOL.gifThis is the best statement I've read since a long time in a forumim%20Not%20Worthy.gif

This one looks great. I love the puffy clouds, which I understand are volumetric. and it looks like they will be sunny above the clouds and the cloud shadow below the cloud will give a very immersive feel. I also love that looking in the distance, the visibility decreases in a true-life sense. I have never seen this before, not even in microsoft's 2004 version, but I have not flown that in years and do not have all of the updated add ons. I am really looking forward to seeing more.shot%20FA-22A_56.jpg

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Aaah, finally my shots made it to the net ... I sent them to Austin a few days ago, because I thought it was - slowly - time to show some "more impressive" landscapes (but I need to wait when he decides to make them public). So, I hope you like what you see ... Much of that landscape is my and Alberts (who did the textures) work of the last ... uhm ... quite long time :-) And yes, FA-22A_44.jpg was one of my favorites too (in real time it was a fantastic experience even for me)!You can see in the screenshots where I took them (just for comparison) in the upper left, under lat/lon (I almost always leave those "outputs" on for my tests, as they often help afterwardss to identify where problems were).AND maybe you also notice that little number below "freq". That is the FPS. With many things maxed out (especially the new effects like shadow, the atmospheric rendering, and forests at max). So, it is really nice to fly at 40-50 FPS (and I use an NVidia GTX 570, and an i7 CPU). Of course, when you come in densely populated areas (cities), with gazillions of objects, thos of course tax you system much more ... But at least it still newer drops top a slideshow.(and remember, even these screenshots are not final ... work is still ongoing, and especially artwork will receive continuous improvements even after the release).

Tats Pretty!!Big Grin.gif

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Andras,Great stuff! I am really excited for the release and for the team to get the kudos and appreciation that you will deserve. Question for you. Will the landclass (I think that is what is it called) on the ground look clearer than many of the screenshots that have been posted with landclass from v9?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Andras,Great stuff! I am really excited for the release and for the team to get the kudos and appreciation that you will deserve. Question for you. Will the landclass (I think that is what is it called) on the ground look clearer than many of the screenshots that have been posted with landclass from v9?
Huh, what do you mean by that question? I think we are mixing up terms here. For me, landclass is the background raw data, that defines (roughly - its by far not the only factor), where, what type of textures are put on the ground. And what you see, are essentially the textures ...So. I still try to address your question. Both are improved. The landclass has improved extremely since XP9 ... I came up with much better data sources, so the placement of the different textures should be much more accurate (I mean, forests are where they would be in real life, and the same goes for all other landuse types). AND, textures get a big overhaul too (thats what Albert is doing). His new textures should usually look much clearer, as he has dedicated extra time to match up their resolution. Still, there are many places (not necessary those in the screenshots), where we use textures from XP9 as a proxy (and I still tried to put them in the places where they fit best ... so not just a random mess), but we plan to replace them step by step in the future ...

Huh, what do you mean by that question? I think we are mixing up terms here. For me, landclass is the background raw data, that defines (roughly - its by far not the only factor), where, what type of textures are put on the ground. And what you see, are essentially the textures ...So. I still try to address your question. Both are improved. The landclass has improved extremely since XP9 ... I came up with much better data sources, so the placement of the different textures should be much more accurate (I mean, forests are where they would be in real life, and the same goes for all other landuse types). AND, textures get a big overhaul too (thats what Albert is doing). His new textures should usually look much clearer, as he has dedicated extra time to match up their resolution. Still, there are many places (not necessary those in the screenshots), where we use textures from XP9 as a proxy (and I still tried to put them in the places where they fit best ... so not just a random mess), but we plan to replace them step by step in the future ...
Great information. Yes, I textures is what I was referring to and should have stated, so thanks for the clarification. Really looking forward to seeing the improved textures in forthcoming screenshots. Thanks for the reply.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations