Sign in to follow this  
FloB

aerosoft xp10 screenshot collection

Fantastic looking screenshots ! And this stock XP-10 ?I wonder if ORBX will abandon ship since MS has shut out 3rd party devs...RIP FSX !!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

f

Fantastic looking screenshots ! And this stock XP-10 ?I wonder if ORBX will abandon ship since MS has shut out 3rd party devs...RIP FSX !!
They have much yet to do with FSX. Lots of ground to cover (pun intended).

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I wonder if ORBX will abandon ship since MS has shut out 3rd party devs...
You couldn't be farther from the truth, even if you tried with all your might.

This one looks great. I love the puffy clouds, which I understand are volumetric. and it looks like they will be sunny above the clouds and the cloud shadow below the cloud will give a very immersive feel. I also love that looking in the distance, the visibility decreases in a true-life sense.  I have never seen this before, not even in microsoft's 2004 version, but I have not flown that in years and do not have all of the updated add ons. I am really looking forward to seeing more.shot%20FA-22A_56.jpg
The screenshots look great-the ground scenery, night scenery, autogen all look like new highs in simming-this is going to be a great year for simmers and I am drooling for my copy of xplane 10.I have to be honest though-the cloud shots I have seen so far kinda let me down-kinda of reminds me of what we had with Pro Pilot 99 and Fly back in the late 90s. As someone who spends a lot of time in the clouds Rex with fsx still looks the closest to me that I have seen. I'd like to hope xp10 or flight will offer even better but so far I am not convinced in this department.Again though screen shots rarely give the true picture.Pro Pilot 99 clouds (click on the first pict in the review) how truly ahead for its' time:http://pc.ign.com/ar...4/154019p1.html

You couldn't be farther from the truth, even if you tried with all your might.
Well that was the gossip around Avsim but since you apparently know the truth then why do you enlighten us !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Wow, those are really nice! Austin said in a recent interview that he wanted to get away from the blurry photo textures that are typical in flight sims, and those screenshots certainly seem to deliver. Really nice detail at any altitude.

Well that was the gossip around Avsim but since you apparently know the truth then why do you enlighten us !
OK here: 3rd party developers have NOT been shut out of Flight. There you are.

OK here: 3rd party developers have NOT been shut out of Flight. There you are.
LOL!! - there you have it!But I have to say, that is the most impressive collection of XP screenshots I have seen. It doesn't yet blow the boat out of the water but certainly- finally, worth some attention

I have to be honest though-the cloud shots I have seen so far kinda let me down-kinda of reminds me of what we had with Pro Pilot 99 and Fly back in the late 90s. As someone who spends a lot of time in the clouds Rex with fsx still looks the closest to me that I have seen. I'd like to hope xp10 or flight will offer even better but so far I am not convinced in this department.
I used FSX REX 2.0 too and would agree in aspect of the mere look of the textures. It´s much easier to have a nice hd-cloud texture than to "build" clouds out of particles/puffs. But it is a much more restricted way of cloud/weather construction too and I never was convinced by the technique FSX uses for cloud-construction. Clouds keep popping up, move unnaturally, cast no shadows and flying through them never was a sensation to me. They looked great but never "felt" like clouds to me. I think this is where XP10 takes a new and promising approach which is much closer to reality...

That's a good description. I have Flight Environment X in FSX, and while the cloud textures look really good, the clouds themselves always behaved a bit oddly. It's not unusual to see the texture turning on its axis as you fly past or through them. If XP10 can pull off real three-dimensional volumetric clouds without killing performance then that will be something.

Are some of these F22 screens taken in Banff?If so, that would be an indication that the XPlane terrain in good!

Are some of these F22 screens taken in Banff?If so, that would be an indication that the XPlane terrain in good!
Umm, might be (I would need to check out where I did them exactly - was looking more at the landscape than the exact location :) ). But in the higher res shots you can see the exact coordinates in the top left ....http://www.x-plane.com/wp/wp-content/gallery/x-plane-10-landscapes/

I think (hope) what we don't like about the clouds are no more than a texture issue. I love the fact that in XP10 once you fly into clouds you get an immediate and solid zero visibility. Over all I'm sold on XP10.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

So Maddog, shots of FSX and FS2004 in the screenshot's forum look better than this right? PPPlease....... Show me. I'm dying to see them. xplane10_6.jpg

So Maddog, shots of FSX and FS2004 in the screenshot's forum look better than this right? PPPlease....... Show me. I'm dying to see them.xplane10_6.jpg
HelloIs that taken at the one detailed airport that is in XP10 ?.Fair play though it is the best night shot I have seen , but there are other XP10 night shots that look terrible.Aircraft, Airports, ATC, and AI are what we need to hear about, I still think that XP10 is going in the wrong direction with how it depicts urban and city landscapes, they just look odd to me.When I see some European textures that look realistic then I may change my mind because that grid pattern is no good here.