Sign in to follow this  
FloB

aerosoft xp10 screenshot collection

When I see some European textures that look realistic then I may change my mind because that grid pattern is no good here.
No, you won't change your mind, you will find something else.You should know by now that OSM data is used to render roads. These screenshots show a grid because it IS a grid pattern in reality ! (or at least in OSM).Guess what, in Europe, OSM cities are NOT grid like. But you still imply that they are build that way in X-plane 10, until proved otherwise. Please, stop trying to spill nonsense.

No, you won't change your mind, you will find something else.You should know by now that OSM data is used to render roads. These screenshots show a grid because it IS a grid pattern in reality ! (or at least in OSM).Guess what, in Europe, OSM cities are NOT grid like. But you still imply that they are build that way in X-plane 10, until proved otherwise. Please, stop trying to spill nonsense.
To be fair, Austin has said himself that there are no special texture/autogen sets for European areas.

He was complaining about the grid pattern.And to be fair, Austin also said that more variation will occur around 10.2.

To be fair, Austin has said himself that there are no special texture/autogen sets for European areas.

Aerosoft will be producing European autogen for the version that Aerosoft releases.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Aerosoft will be producing European autogen for the version that Aerosoft releases.
That will then be used over the entire world because the current system doesn't differentiate between regional areas. The same limitation still applies assuming you fly in the US and Europe. One or the other won't be right.

That will then be used over the entire world because the current system doesn't differentiate between regional areas. The same limitation still applies assuming you fly in the US and Europe. One or the other won't be right.
That's not right. According to http://www.x-plane.c...ext-gen-cities/ autogen can be localized:
Some users have asked about architecture and localization. I expect we will not ship out of the box with multiple local regions; however, the library system allows us (or any third party) to provide new artwork sets for local, architecturally reasonable buildings.

From X-plane developer blog.http://www.x-plane.c...nd-the-library/"Since the library can be customized in location specific ways, you can also make new themes. Replace our autogen with something appropriate for your own country, and put the pack in the library with the locations you want your art used for."Exciting stuff!!

From X-plane developer blog.http://www.x-plane.c...nd-the-library/"Since the library can be customized in location specific ways, you can also make new themes. Replace our autogen with something appropriate for your own country, and put the pack in the library with the locations you want your art used for."Exciting stuff!!
Very exciting. I really hope that creating autogen and placing it in location specific ways will be easy to do. In my opinion, if scenery development can be an easy-ish thing to do, there will be many people that will produce and share the fruits of their labor. This will propel XP10 to be an even better simulator by having the community very involved in moving the plausible world to a more realistic one.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Wrong! Outright wrong! X-Plane definitely can differentiate between regions. It works for example via the library system (and abstraction layer to the art assets). You can easily specify via an 360x180 mask (corresponds to a 1x1 degree grid), where specific library entries should work and where not. Via this system you can differentiate all artwork (trees, ground textures, buildings etc. etc.) without modifying the scenery. Of course, the only "limitation" is, that this way you only have 1x1 degree precision.See: http://scenery.x-plane.com/library.php?doc=libspec.php (REGION_BITMAP)

Wrong! Outright wrong! X-Plane definitely can differentiate between regions. It works for example via the library system (and abstraction layer to the art assets). You can easily specify via an 360x180 mask (corresponds to a 1x1 degree grid), where specific library entries should work and where not. Via this system you can differentiate all artwork (trees, ground textures, buildings etc. etc.) without modifying the scenery. Of course, the only "limitation" is, that this way you only have 1x1 degree precision.See: http://scenery.x-pla...doc=libspec.php (REGION_BITMAP)
Thank you. The other three responses above didn't clarify it enough for me lol.I misunderstood what I heard in a recent video.

This is getting very exciting,Release about a month away?

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick