Sign in to follow this  
Pilots Report

Autopilot disconnecting

Hi All...I bought this excellent piece of simulation technology only yesterday, and think it's a masterpiece. However, I have a problem with the autopilot. I am going through tutorial #1 and everything is fine through the 5000 altitude restriction. Then at the Detling VOR the FMC is saying RESET MCP ALT, and my FMA pitch mode changes from VNAV PTH to VNAV ALT.. (all as expected). But when I change the MCP ALT from 5000 to the next restriction of 6000, it disconnects the autopilot and the A/P FIRST button flashes red....The tutorial suggests that as good practice, keep changing the MCP heading to match the LNAV heading, incase you have to quickly switch to HDG SELECT (good idea), but this also disconnects the A/P CMD...its seem to happen as soon as i touch the MCP....Any ideas please, or is this meant to happen?Thanks.