Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

Vnav question

Hello guys(:,when i am planning my vnav at the legs page, i wanted to change the T/D what i did is that i change the altitude and the speed at the arrival airport like i did with the pmdg747, but for some reason when i execute that fsx stuck haha, why? is the prohibited ? thanks(:

Hello guys(:,when i am planning my vnav at the legs page, i wanted to change the T/D what i did is that i change the altitude and the speed at the arrival airport like i did with the pmdg747, but for some reason when i execute that fsx stuck haha, why? is the prohibited ? thanks(:
By "T/D" do you mean the position of your TOD (top of descent point)? That will be affected by your cruise altitude and the first descent constraint point in your route. Nothing to do with the elevation of the destination airport unless you have no intermediate altitudes in which case just put in an approach waypoint with a specified altitude and speed and FMC WILL allow you to adjust that point. Now, if I have misinterpreted your question and you are attempting to change the elevation of the destination runway, FMC will not allow you to do that because that information is from its current database for that airport.

Not sure why you would change altitude and speed at the arrival airport? Were you changing the last fix before the missed fixes, the runway fix? That would be unusual and may be causing problems. You might change the speed but I have never thought about changing altitude at that fix.Prior to SP1, I have had freezes just after entering new speed and altitudes in the legs page that would for new VNAV path calculations.Provide more detail and I am sure you get much help.

By Playing with cost index you can do easily but:A little trick to move the ToD:Compile DES forecast with tail wind data (also if wind is not present), it will anticipate the ToD to compensate.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

hey thanks for all of your replays,i do not know exactly what you mean with the fix page, also i did not know that i cant change the airport altitude, but now after thinking about it i know that its a stupid thing, but, stupid or not i think it should not freeze, but anyway i will not need it, so just change the first point that starting the decent?i am playing online with charts so yea i know what you meant by putting the arrival star, and runway, so thank you, your great(:Hey, BTW i want to put a picture on my profile picture i currently have none, how do i put one? thanks in advance(:

Use the control panel to add a picture. Concerning the "fix page" reference, I was referring to the fixes in the legs page.Good luck