Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Please help guys..

Im currently in the middle of completely rebooting my rig. now im at six's and sevens. I do have the HD5850 ATI card. So which driver should i be installing when ready. I cannot remember. I do remember Ryan saying that ATI don't support FSX anymore. something is telling me driver ccc 10.12Thank you guysSteve

My ATI 5870 + latest AMD drivers ( Catalysts 11.9 ) works like a charm so you shouldn't have any issues.

My ATI 5870 + latest AMD drivers ( Catalysts 11.9 ) works like a charm so you shouldn't have any issues.
Mark is right. I have the same card as you and have Catalyst 11.9. It works incredibly. Great choice.

Max

PMDG 747X & 737NGX Pilot

Thank you so much guy's just one question. After i have used my official ati disk for graphics card. do i just download the 11.9 only and install it or do i need others before hand if that makes any sense lolBy the way 11.9 is not on the amd site :(

Thank you so much guy's just one question. After i have used my official ati disk for graphics card. do i just download the 11.9 only and install it or do i need others before hand if that makes any sense lolBy the way 11.9 is not on the amd site sad.png
Hi SteveJust download the latest version it holds all other updates Just get 11.9Cheers Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Hi Mark,You don't see the shader issues around clouds affecting frame-rate that I have read about here with your 5870? Or did you and this driver fixed them?Thanks- a new GPU is in the plan somewhere soon, and still deciding between ATI and NV.Bruce.

Well to be honest after Xmas when the Girlfriend lets me im going for the GTX Nvidia
Well to be honest after Xmas when the Girlfriend lets me im going for the GTX Nvidia
Thanks- so the ATI card is not working out? What are the major issues?Thanks, Bruce.

Thanks- so the ATI card is not working out? What are the major issues?Thanks, Bruce.
The biggest thing with ATI cards is the performance during Heavy cloud layers. The shaders arn't as good as Nvidia and my card is quite old now aswell. Was talking to a guy in hear while back and he even said the same as me. So i think if i go for the top end Nvidia maybe i will see better performance aswell and quality;) Regards Stevie

Hi Mark,You don't see the shader issues around clouds affecting frame-rate that I have read about here with your 5870? Or did you and this driver fixed them?Thanks- a new GPU is in the plan somewhere soon, and still deciding between ATI and NV.Bruce.
The frame rate is quite poor but this is a famous known FSX problem that uses 1 core only of the CPU and in a bad and ancient way.To be honest I didn't notice a shader effect or fps drop regarding clouds. I use REX so I dunno if it makes a difference or not.Anyway I am around 15-20 fps on the ground with third party airports and 30+ in the air

The biggest thing with ATI cards is the performance during Heavy cloud layers. The shaders arn't as good as Nvidia and my card is quite old now aswell. Was talking to a guy in hear while back and he even said the same as me. So i think if i go for the top end Nvidia maybe i will see better performance aswell and quality;)Regards Stevie
Are you the guy that fly's easyjet?

Dave Taylor gb.png