Sign in to follow this  
ST1322

Trial version?

Hello,Ok, so apparently there is trial version to download. I'd like to try it out, however one thing is making me worry... the file to download is only 6MB? Where is the trick?

Tom Link

That could be a "launcher" executable. Download it, start it, and then it downloads from that program. I've seen various other programs do that.

don't forget to D?L the VoxPOP sound pack also to get better experience.http://www.voxatc.com/Voice.aspx/VoxPop

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Hi,Is anyone using VOXATC with ASE DWC mode? Can you tell me how it is behaving?
Tomi,I have used VoxATC with ASE DWC without problems, but I fail to see the connection between these add-ons.Do you have any issues using them?

No, no issues as I have not started using it yet... I am looking for some detailed feedback... why I ask for DWC? Can you tell me what is the AITS and how RWY are assigned? YOu know what problems DWC brings. I am using RC4 and here things are clean now, and now I wanted to give it a try to something else. VOX is no 1 on my wish list :)

Tom Link

I use ase with dws without any issues. As VoxATC controls AI traffic, there is no problems with the runways. You will always be in pattern with traffic.

Can you tell me what is the AITS and how RWY are assigned? YOu know what problems DWC brings.
Based on the weather (Wind) and the Airport AFCAD files it is decided in VoxATC.(AFCAD Files = FSX airport(s) data, rather it is the default one or an addon, all have an Airport AFCAD file that among other things define RW in use in certain conditions)

Joel Strikovsky

Yeah, but what about if in ASE DWC mode, destination airport weather is the same as yours at altitude? How Vox will know which rwy to give? In RC they managed to sole this problem. It sounds too good to be true - you know.

Tom Link

Vox reads the weather that is in FSX, he care less how it got there, rather it is FSX weather engine or ASE, REX, it doesn't matterto Vox.if ASE injected the weather in FSX to your destination Airport, Vox would know about it and read it.based on that Info + the airport AFCAD file(s) you would be assigned to a RW.as you get assigned to a RW, Vox would read the AIRAC files and assigned you a STAR based on the RW in use and the Flight ptah (transition you coming from)you filed (FSX Flight Plane you filed at the beginning of your flight).that is why it is important to "Enable" Vox only after ASE injected the weather into FSX.rather ASE injects the weather to FSX of the destination airport at what phase of the flight, it is a question that needs to be addressed with ASE.in my experience with REX (I believe ASE does pretty much the same), REX injects the weather of the final destination x miles that is set in your weather settings of REX.I set it to 60nm, so I always get a 60nm weather ahead of me, that is more then enough for Vox as Vox usually assigned you a landing RW/STAR at around 30nmbefore you reach the airport.what you could do is verify in ASE how much head room in miles is set to inject weather into FSX.

Joel Strikovsky

Joel, I think that you do not know what ASE DWC is, correct? DWC is a global weather mode, meaning that if you fly 80nm from field, the weather at this wield will be reported as it is at your altitude. Thats why so many people love it or hate it. FSX ATC is useless, as it can not read correct weather that ASE has for arrival, it reads current situation. So far only RC is able to do it correctly - at least this is the only one known to me.Now, I would like to try something new, however if VOX will behave like FSX ATC while using DWC, this is useless for me. Ok, there is trial version, but I also ask in order to avoid something that is not working correctly.Now, I still have more doubts than solutions...So, if you are using ASE, are you able to provide answer based on my explanation above? I really appreciate your help.

Tom Link

no, I don't know what DWC is, sorry.is it a feature within ASE or a different version/installation of ASE?I did not really understand the added value of using the DWC... in your explanation.BTW - I edited my post a bit, so you might want and re read it.

Joel Strikovsky

You know what, I think I have to give it a try.Added value - just to name a few:1. Correct wind aloft;2. No sudden wind shifts - especially for those who do not want to buy FSUIPC;3. Sweet visibility graduation - no fog do not disappears at 1500ft so FSX bug is fixed;4. Perfect fog simulation;

Tom Link

looks promising, I'll give it a shot that DWC.let me know how it went with that config (DWC) and Vox.I might buy ASE and replace the REX weather engine.ohh , don't forget to D/L the Voice Packs while you at it testing.you can D/L the VoxPop voices (complementary) and some IVONA voices (they have trail you can test).I use the IVONA for ATC and VoxPOP for AI pilots (winning combination).if you need help seting it up , let me know.worth reading Vox manual though

1. Correct wind aloft;2. No sudden wind shifts - especially for those who do not want to buy FSUIPC;3. Sweet visibility graduation - no fog do not disappears at 1500ft so FSX bug is fixed;4. Perfect fog simulation;
what are the disadvantages / trade off of using DWC?

Joel Strikovsky

You know what, I think I have to give it a try.
Any updates on your Try (DWC + VoxATC)?I am intrigued to know as I am debating on using the DWC as you mentioned (by buying ActiveSky 2012)

Joel Strikovsky