Sign in to follow this  
Sim pilot

Installed hdev2

I downloaded a file recently called hdev2 from AVSIM. The file changes the cloud effects and ground effects, the clouds are fantastic in appearance. It is great download, but one problem I have encountered is one airport SNA (Orange County CA) textures seem to be missing the ground is all white as you can see in the screen shot, but everything else is ok. Have any of you simmers ever had this happen? And what did you do to correct it. I find it to be strange. Downloading this file mentioned should not affect the ground airport textures especially to only one airport. I have looked at several airports and theirs are fine. What could cause this to happen as this is recent (since downloading hdev2). I even reinstalled the SNA file thinking that a file somehow got corrupted, that did nothing. I hope someone out there could please help me fix this issue. I have attempted to email the person who designed this add-on; either I get a failure receipt or no response. This is why I am running this by you simmers. Thanks Sim Pilot.

I suspect it has nothing to do with HDEv2, but just to be sure go in and set weather to Theme: clear skies one time and see if the airport fixes itself. The only way I can see that clouds could affect your ground textures would be if there was a visibility layer hugging the ground for some reason. Clearing weather should eliminate that if it is the case. It almost looks like you're seeing winter or fall textures, although they look a little bland, try loading a flight in May or June and see if that changes anything.Jim

Hi.I use HDE v2 and have no problems with it. However, I use only the clouds and haven't bothered with the grass or bloom. As I recall, HDE can replace some default ground textures with new, more detailed textures.If you made a complete HDE installation and it has affected only one airport I suppose the airport has custom ground textures. Try uninstalling the High Def Environment ground textures and using only the clouds.The reason I suggest this is that the HDE grass textures may have the same name as the (presumably) custom texture for that airport and could have replaced it during installation or now be suppressing the correct airport texture.Regards,D

I downloaded a file recently called hdev2 from AVSIM. The file changes the cloud effects and ground effects, the clouds are fantastic in appearance. It is great download, but one problem I have encountered is one airport SNA (Orange County CA) textures seem to be missing the ground is all white as you can see in the screen shot, but everything else is ok. Have any of you simmers ever had this happen? And what did you do to correct it. I find it to be strange. Downloading this file mentioned should not affect the ground airport textures especially to only one airport. I have looked at several airports and theirs are fine. What could cause this to happen as this is recent (since downloading hdev2). I even reinstalled the SNA file thinking that a file somehow got corrupted, that did nothing. I hope someone out there could please help me fix this issue. I have attempted to email the person who designed this add-on; either I get a failure receipt or no response. This is why I am running this by you simmers. Thanks Sim Pilot.
This is probably Shez's old KSNA - I had the same problem with it. There is a brand new and very nice rendition here http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004scen&DLID=162527 that you might consider as a replacement.DJ

Thank you to everyone that gave me ideas, especially Ubersu. I downloaded it today and it is fantastic, down to moving cars on the freeway and the 3D buildings that surround the airport. I have to give thanks to the developers that create these great add-ons such as this one. I recommend it to anyone one that wants a great SNA add-on. Thanks again happy simming Straight Face.gif