Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Increase Temp to passengers and crew

How do you actually increase Temp or vice verca when on ground and maybe not powering up apu for instance.I also notice that the temp is pretty unstable when you are about to put the bird on grouind power ore APU powerSomtimes it starts with 22 C on Ground power but the outside temp is only 8 CWhat do you do ?I recall a flight in a bad winter comming to the aircraft warm and nicely :-)/Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

The plane is typically heated or cooled at the gate with what's called PCA or pre-conditioned air if you are not using the APU.If you are using the packs for heating or cooling, somewhere between the 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock position gives a pretty comfortable temp. I think 23 degrees in the back is a pretty good temp. Some cultures like it a little warmer, some a little cooler.

Matt Cee

The plane is typically heated or cooled at the gate with what's called PCA or pre-conditioned air if you are not using the APU.If you are using the packs for heating or cooling, somewhere between the 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock position gives a pretty comfortable temp. I think 23 degrees in the back is a pretty good temp. Some cultures like it a little warmer, some a little cooler.
Wow that’s really quite hot!On the airline I work for we have the temp set to 21oC/22oC during the day and if at night during takeoff, cabin service, decent and landing. When it comes to dimming the lights for snooze time the temp is often increased to 23oC thru 25oC.I have been on some flights were the temp was reduced to 18oC at TOD – that soon woke people up I will tell ya!I have found as cabin crew that if you get the temp much higher than 22oC during the day passengers will start to complain!Kimberly