Sign in to follow this  

Flightsim Commander 9 and NGX problem

It seems I discovered why my APP button can't be activated anymore.If I fly without plan I can catch the glide, if I use a .rte produced by FSC 9 it works fine but the APP button doesn't work anymore.Anyone who use FSC 9 has the same issue ?If anyone would try a 15m very short flight from Graz to Vienna here is my .rte ( flight plan ) file produced by FSC 9 just to see if it is my fault or FSC one.There are non SID and STARS , just a final transition to ILS 34.Thx a lot in advanceThe forum doesn't allow me to upload the file but if someone is so kind to give it a try I can let him have it, just few kbs.-

I use FS Commander all of the time with the 737 without problem. Are you saving the routes with PMDG SIDs, STARs and Transitions? Does your route contain the ILS___ runway and the transition fix? finally have you tuned the NAV radios to the proper frequency, dialed in the MCP approach course and entered the glide slope and runway length in the HGS center console? I hope these suggestions help.Rick Bertz

I also use FSC9 all the time to create flightplans for the NGX but have not had this problem with the APP button.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Is G/S mode in FMC activated ? Right frequencies tuned in both NAV radios ?

I managed to fix the issue adding manually the ILS procedure into the FMC overlapping the imported plan. Of course discontinuities have to be cleared as a consequence.This is the only easy way I found to workaround the issue when importing plans from FSC9.

Route files are read by the FMC and likely imported in, and once imported, exist in PMDG's native language for the FMC. That being said, the issue is likely one of the user, and not the FMC or the autopilot (the autopilot doesn't have any interaction with the file - just the FMC).The approach (APP) mode depends completely on the idea that you've told it what it's approaching. That being said, you need to select an approach in the FMC. It's a terrible idea to set an approach in an external program, to be exported as a .rte file. The reasons are that you don't know what approach you'll be flying until you're about halfway down on the descent, when you'd be checking in with approach, and there may be an AIRAC discrepancy between FSC and the PMDG.Moral of the stoy:Build the "naked" route in FSC, and add the SID/STAR when in the aircraft. This is often what is done when routes are sent in the airlines. Why? When working with ATC, things change for hundreds of reasons. With the FMC, it's often easier to add than it is to modify. When you're prepping the aircraft, all you need to do is load the route, add the SID when you figure out your departure runway, and add the STAR. When you're on your descent, you select an approach, and then you'll be all set.

Kyle Rodgers