Sign in to follow this  
blocks_off

Strange Graphics

Hi All,Firstly let me say, what I am experiencing is in no way limited to PMDG aircraft, but I notice it more on the NGX - esp. since SP1.To explain the issue, when I select an aircraft the clue that something is about to go wrong is that the bit of the VC above PFD/ND etc. is missing. Going to external view shows no ailerons but more strangely it's like the fuselage has made itself into an upside down T.This doesn't happen all of the time, in fact it's more likely to happen late in the day after a few replays or loading of the same situation. Only way to correct is to reload FSX. Happens on both the PMDG repainted liveries and the user repainted liveries.So just curious if anyone else has seen this and what it could be? My thoughts are the bufferpoolsize? So just trying the sim for a while with usepools=0?We shall see - any input appreciated.ThanksCarl Beeby

If you are loosing texture, i.e. miss some parts of the ac, then I guess youhaven´t the "HIGHMEMFIX=1" included in your cfg-file.Also never load, the same variant for example one livery with WL and then another with WL.Restart FSX if you have to do that. You could however change to a non WL if you current have an WL and then fromthere change to that WL livery you want. That would work I guess.The ac dosen´t like to be loaded mulitiple times. See Introduction Pdf file/ Leffe

Leif,Don't you mean "HIGHMEMFIX=1" ?
Sorry....of course....silly me/ Leffe

Hi,Yes thanks for the reply - HIGHMEMFIX is present. Being aware of what you mention re: swapping between liveries on the same type of aircraft - I do not do this. Problems are more noticable when reloading the same situation e.g. 12 miles out final app practice. And believe me, my landings need a lot of practice ;)ThanksCarl

Carl-I would recommend taking some time to read through the optimization tips we provide in the introduction document.They may help... They may not....I would also suspect two other items:1) Check the currency of your graphics card driver.2) It may be worth downloading an app to monitor your GPU temperature.I suggest these two items because we have seen reports of outdated drivers and high GPU temperatures causing precisely what you are seeing.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Robert,Thanks for your reply. Except for item (2) I've done the rest - will keep an eye on the temp. Also focussing on my use of bufferpools at the moment.RegardsCarl