Sign in to follow this  
JMEppright

600 performance concern

I have something goofy happening with my 600. I take off on a standard day @143,000 lbs. at 1300 ft. elevation, retract gear, raise flaps, limit climb to 1500 fpm and aircraft will not accelerate beyond 190-200 knots climbing through 5-6000 feet. This is with engines firewalled. I am an experienced real world corporate jet pilot so know what is reasonable. All PMDG installation is carefully completed according to PMDG recommendations. Has anyone else had this problem? I love the PMDG 737 but need to get the performance figured out.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

that is strange what is the outside temp is it in the expected range, are you using fsinn or any weather programs, is it only happening on the 600

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Just to add to previous question, I just did a takeoff with exactly the same config in the 900 and it smoothly accelerated to 250 knots and climbed well as I expected only with prescribed climb power not firewalled. I am puzzled as to the difference. My understanding is that the 600 is a better performer.I just did same departure, same conditions, same fuel load and the 900, with normal climb power not firewalled, climbed as I expect a commercial jet to do. I am puzzled as to the difference.Conditions were:Takeoff elevation - 1330'Temperature - 15CTakeoff fuel - 18000 lbs. (not heavy at all)

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

Watch the outside temp. FsInn wax is notorious plus I have rarely noticed this with AES. If it happens again, clear the weather and see what happens to climb rates.

FSX weather temps set at 15C which is a standard day. No other weather programs installed.900 climbed fine and as expected under identical conditions.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

OK, now I'm really bummed! I properly uninstalled all PMDG products. Reinstalled basic package. Installed SP1. Installed the 600/700 package. Now all the birds are dogs. At 15 degrees C climbing out of KICT, 600 nor 800 will climb better than a piston twin. On a standard day all the PMDG birds should be climbing @ 3-4000 fpm at low altitudes and doing it at 250 knots. I'm not even close. Frustrating to say the least. I love the package but have something horribly wrong.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

A screenshot or two clearly showing your MCP and displays would be very helpful !!Fred.

there are some really weird issues that go on between the NGX and FSX, never seen so many strange issues due to the complexity of an addon mind you the NGX has broken new ground in the complexity department,did it activate ok

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Yes, all installations went good. I've uninstalled everything, reinstalled base package, updated to SP1 and then 600/700. Power at climb N1 index, gear and flaps up at 15 degrees C with 18,000 lbs of fuel this girl should climb like a homesick angel. I've filed a ticket with the PMDG team. Hopefully, there is a gotcha solution here. I'm a casual FS user but with thousands of hours in real world corporate jets. Something is just not adding up.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)