Sign in to follow this  
ANAMIV

Lost FSX Config File

Yes, "Lost it, it ain't there!" C;\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Config.I am acting on advice from RC Simulations to try and correct some erratic behaviour on my CH Eclipse yoke and Rudder controls'Suggesting I remove FSX Confif file and fire up FSX to recreate the file.Any help woulf be appreciatewdregardsanamiv

You will find the fsx.cfg here:-C:Users (your username here ) AppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXfsx.cfgIf you cannot see the fsx.cfg file -........ open Windows Explorer, -->Tools -->View, scroll down to find "Hidden Files and Folders"....Under that uncheck "Don't show hidden files, folders....."..........and check "Show hidden files, folders....".When you've done that - click on the "Apply to Folders" then click on "OK"

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Click Start, in the bottom text box enter%AppData%MicrosoftFSXfsx.cfgThat should give you your fsx.cfg, at least on a modern version of windows. Might not work on an ancient version (win xp or older)

... and if it's still not there - just start fSX - it will recreate a new fsx.cfg. Problem solved. Now you can remove it at your leisure!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

It simply can't "not be there." FSX won't run without one, which is why it creates one automatically if you delete it... Shocked.gif

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well.....I finally found it. Thanks for all the co-operation'BUT, when carefully scanning a printout; whilst I see files relating to keyboard controlsI don't see any relating to yoke and rudder pedal conrtrols. Would this be normal?regardsanamiv

That's because the controls information is kept in xml format - go to theC:Users [ your username here ] AppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXControls folder, and you will see "Standard.XML "This is referred to in your fsx.cfg in the[CONTROLS]Controls_Current=StandardControls_Default=Standardstick_sensitivity_mode=0...section..

Yes, "Controls" plus "..Current=Standard" and "...Default=Standard" appear but not "...stick_sensitivity_mode=0"Is this significant?regardsanamiv