Sign in to follow this  
kencnnrs

Once and Twice?

Just finished watching my Westjet 737-600 DVD and noticed as the captain was doing the approach briefing, after several items he would say "once and twice". I can't remember exactly which items they were, I could check if needed, but just wondering if anyone knew what that is supposed to mean. Thanks

I would guess he's checking gauges on both sides of the aircraft, meaning both the captain and co-pilot panels. I don't have the DVD you're talking about, but for example, maybe "Altimeter....checked once and twice".Sound reasonable?

Mark Hager

that does make a lot of sense. I will have to double check and see if it is indeed instruments he is speaking of. Will let you know.

You are correct, Mark. After watching the second time, he says "once and twice" after giving checking localizer freq. and course setting. Also I can see that he looks at both sides while saying once and twice. Embarrased I never caught this myself. Thanks for the reply.