Sign in to follow this  
207p

What is this aircraft?

It's a de Havilland Dragon Rapide. Regards,Tom

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Tom wins the prize... Applause.gif

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Really love the ad. Also really nice to see them make it.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

It's a de Havilland Dragon Rapide.Regards,Tom
The aircraft I had my first flight in 1951 taking of from the wooden buildings at Heathrow over and around the London Exhibition and back. I distinctly remember the wicker chairs that the Rapide had. Thanks for the reminder.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

John,Same here -my flight was probably about '53 and at RAF Yeadon and I still remember it well - and it led me to 35 years of incredible fun being paid to fly some great aeroplanes.How about your avatar - Yellowjacks - Valley about '64; leader was ?.......... I should remember as he was one of our instructors.Happy DaysJohn R

Funny to see all that modern film equipment next to such an old aircraft. :)

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

Fellow named Lee Jones (I think?) Followed by Ray Hanna, and then (I think? age is REALLY catching up now) by Bill Loverseed.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

John,Same here -my flight was probably about '53 and at RAF Yeadon and I still remember it well - and it led me to 35 years of incredible fun being paid to fly some great aeroplanes.How about your avatar - Yellowjacks - Valley about '64; leader was ?.......... I should remember as he was one of our instructors.Happy Days John R
There was only one skipper for the year of the Team's existance and that was Flt. Lt. Lee Jones.Other Pilots were Flg. Officer Derek McSweeney, Flt. Lt. Jerry Ranscombe, Flg. Officer Peter Hay, Flt Lt. Raymond Hoggarth and not to forget the terrible twins and ardent Goon Show fans Flt. Lt. Henry Prince and Flt. Lt. Guy Whitley.im Not Worthy.gifAnything else I can help you with? Thinking.gif

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Remember them well - particularly the Whitley/Prince combo - I see that Guy came down from the other end to give me my IRT towards the end of the course. A great aircraft as well - and I'm 6ft 21/2 !!RegardsJohn R