Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zevious Zoquis

$336,000.00 and counting.........

Guest PSP

$336,000.00 @ 8.6 hobbs hrs. and counting, thats how much damage I've done to the Piper Navajo. I Love It! I never had any reason to watch Temp gauges, Cyl head temps, Cabin temps, Cowl placement, etc..etc.. This plane adds a complete, new category to flight sim, Proper use of the systems. Brilliant. The neat thing is, if you do it right, you know like it says in that funny thing with all that writing and charts, I think its called the directions or the manual or something like that,( I keep finding these things in almost everything I buy, go figure) it works just fine. So I was wondering, how much damage have you done and are you done doin' damage. I'd like to think Im all done....But...that oil temp is a bit high! Happy LandingsScott PreussKPTK

Guest A321

And all this much fun for $25.00. Just shows how FSD are one of the best, GA developers around. They are whole heartedly dedicated, and their products Just go from strength to strength.I love the Navajo, and haven flown much else, apart from their Commander which I recently dug out of the hanger.Jason

Guest sbdwag

With the new service pack youll be more hard pressed to spend that kind of money again. But watch your oil pressure if it starts dropping you've already done some damage. You gota check out my repaint for the Navjo if you havent already."GoldCat"http://www.wagsterstuff.com/screens/goldcat2.jpgRegardsDennis

Guest Zevious Zoquis

This sounds like a ton of fun. Quick question...whats the performance like in terms of framerates? I'm running a 1.8ghz cpu with 512 ram and a 128meg GF4Ti4200. Can I expect to maintain the 25-35fps average I'm accustomed to?

Guest PSP

Cheat? Why I'd Never! Its just a good thing I'm a Virtual Billion-air! Heck I had the thing repainted 3 times already! You know all that land you fly over..Its Mine. Yup, I own it all. Oh and by the way, all your taxes are due! Ah Its good to be the King!:( As far as the frame rates go, I don't notice any degradation. But some of the virtual cockpit textures load a bit slow at first, but once there loaded, it goes pretty good. Best plane in my vast, billion-air fleet!Happy landingsScottKPTK

""This sounds like a ton of fun. Quick question...whats theperformance like in terms of framerates? I'm running a 1.8ghzcpu with 512 ram and a 128meg GF4Ti4200. Can I expect tomaintain the 25-35fps average I'm accustomed to?""If you are accustomed to those kinds of FPS with those specs, you can stay away from any payware, or detailed freeware....or weather..or...! LOLSeriously, I have most of the other FSD aircraft and the Navajo has the least hit compared to any of them on my rig. Truly a great plane and a joy to fly. Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VACougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviation[link:www.cgrmthelos.com]Cougar Mountain Helicopters

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Not true at all. I have both Realair planes and get framerates like that no problem. I run at 1152x864x32 (no fsaa or aniso). For instance, with the Decathlon taking off in the defualt flight I get around 20fps in the VC from the landing strip. As I move away from seattle, the frames go up to about 25-30fps in the VC. In the 2D pit my framerates in the deca as I move to open country will be around forty (even 50) fps. The Marchetti is even more framerate friendly. When I really want to have fun, I take the Marchetti out to the Australian outback, set the weather to clear with a bit of wind and I see framerates ranging from 50 to 75 in the VC. I run the mesh @ 85%, trilinear filtering, massive textures, really pretty nice settings actually and the sim runs great. However, I use sparse autogen and normal scenery density and I use the simple clouds at low density (although 100% 3D). Oddly enough, I actually kinda like the way the simple clouds look more than the detailed clouds...