Sign in to follow this  
johnpc

New installation - problems with PMDG menu and crashing FSX

I'm a long-term user of the excellent PMDG products. I bought the new B737NGX yesterday, which installed without a problem.However, when the aircraft loads in FSX the only PMDG menu option available (in the usual spot in the FSX menu bar) is "About PMDG" --- no options, fuel, etc. I've loaded other PMDG aircraft (B747 models) and their menus display as normal. I've tried both VC and 2D displays for the 737NG, I've done a complete uninstall and reinstall, all to no avail. The PMDG menu shows only the "About" entry. I have a brand new high-end PC which works like a dream, aand as stated above all other PMDG aircraft work just fine.Help please!JohnSorry, forgot to mention: My system is Windows & 64-bit OS, 2 x NVIDIA GeForce GPUs in SLI with current drivers.[EDIT} In a test a few minutes ago, the FSX crahing proble seems to have irend itself out for the moment.

You mean the options such as the airline preferred colour scheme, PFD or ND or EICAS display options, FSUIPC interaction, colours, sound, etc, as described in the manual 00_TITLE_AND_MENUS_737_678900_V14.pdf which I'm looking at right now?? Also, I don't see the view switching tool as described in the manual, with the MZALFPTRC buttons to jump to the various panels. Any suggestions greatly received.

You mean the options such as the airline preferred colour scheme, PFD or ND or EICAS display options, FSUIPC interaction, colours, sound, etc, as described in the manual 00_TITLE_AND_MENUS_737_678900_V14.pdf which I'm looking at right now?? Also, I don't see the view switching tool as described in the manual, with the MZALFPTRC buttons to jump to the various panels. Any suggestions greatly received.
fsuipc is a seperate and should be on the option called add on on your fsx bar on top,the others you have mentioned are in the fmc diplays etc all in the introduction manual, the view switching tool? not sure about this one think this one is in the pmdg option in the start menu under the liverly manager i think your referring too

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

You are absolutely correct Sir!I downloaded a whole bunch of manuals from the PMDG 737NGX site a little while ago before the final release, as a precursor to buying the aircraft---it seems they were superceded in the final production. I've just checked the Introduction manual in the 737NGX installation folder and sure enough it is markedly different form the older version I had downloaded.Thanks very much for the steer in the right direction. :)

John-(Please sign your name to ALL posts here... not just the first on in your thread!)I think you might be confusing our legacy NG product for FS9 and the PMDG 737NGX for FSX.The documents you downloaded are for the FS9 version.... you should throw those out....The documents for the NGX come inside the installer itself- and once installed you can find them by going to the ALL PROGRAMS/PMDG SIMULATIONS menu in windows.The INTRODUCTION will help you through by showing you how we moved all of the options into the FMS itself in order to provide a more fluid experience.I hope that clears up any confusion?

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

All clear now, thank you. I appreciate the advice of all those who answered. I'm embarrassed I downloaded the old FS9 manuals incorrectly! Happy pilot once again... :) And I'll add my signature as requested in future; sorry.John CantwellAustralia

All clear now, thank you. I appreciate the advice of all those who answered. I'm embarrassed I downloaded the old FS9 manuals incorrectly! Happy pilot once again... :) And I'll add my signature as requested in future; sorry.John CantwellAustralia
glad you got it sorted out nothing wrong in asking questions

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg