Sign in to follow this  
Guest jahman

Madeira Funchal (LPMA) 3,300 ft (1,000m) Runway Bridge

You can purchase the Just Planes DVD featuring Air Luxor and watch as they fly to Funchal (LPMA). I have the DVD and have watched it several times and enjoyed it immensely.http://www.worldairr...m/AirLuxor.html

\Robert Hamlich/

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest jahman

Thanks for the info, guys! (And off I go to buy yet another flight DVD and scenery :()Cheers,- jahman.

Tell me you are serious that up until now you didn't know about Funchal, Madeira?

Guest jahman

No, I didn't. Should I have?Cheers,- jahman.

I dunno, it's like the one of the most famous airports know in the community - it's like you tell me you don't know about TNCM...Nothing personal, just very unusual.

Must say I also wasn't aware of that airport until Aerosoft released a scenery for it. And because of its location, I probably will never even fly there. Just too far away from my normal routes.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Tell me you are serious that up until now you didn't know about Funchal, Madeira?
I'm always surprised when active member of the community makes a "interesting" or "new" find after its been discussed numerous times or many screen shots have been posted on it.Like Word Not Allowed said, it would be kind of like not knowing about St. Maarten, Kai Tak or Innsbruck. The other day an old timer and active member asked what ENB, which surprised me since its been discussed so often on many different FS forums.I guess sometimes things just slip thru the cracks even when you participate all the time.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm with Jahman...I've never heard of it either. I have heard about St. Maarten, Kai Tak and Innsbruck mostly because of these forums. ENB ??? But then, I don't visit the forums every day either. Its easy to miss something now and then I guess.

Indeed, and since a given topic might be posted in a subforum you never visit, missing stuff gets even easier. I always visit the FSX subforum, sometimes the Hangar chat forum, but that's it usually.So, any of you heard of Tegucigalpa? Also a pretty famous airport. Crazy approach in the pre-2006 situation.

Benjamin van Soldt

So, any of you heard of Tegucigalpa? Also a pretty famous airport. Crazy approach in the pre-2006 situation.
I've "heard" of it, I think I saw some pictures of those approaches - isn't that an airport surrounded by mountains where you have (or had?) pretty steep approach.I think back on FS9 I've flown once there...

Depends on the aircraft. ATR-42/72 could come in with a steep approach, but the Airbus A320 and Boeing 757 that operate into that place have fly over the airport, turn 180 degrees, fly around a mountain, fly a base leg that ends up up with a very, very short final, and requires you to get the plane down as soona s you reach the runway, then slam on the brakes to get the plane to stop befroe you run out of runway. Pretty exhilirating, and great to fly with the PMDG 737NGX! Here's where the HUGS truly shows its befenfit.

Benjamin van Soldt

Depends on the aircraft. ATR-42/72 could come in with a steep approach, but the Airbus A320 and Boeing 757 that operate into that place have fly over the airport, turn 180 degrees, fly around a mountain, fly a base leg that ends up up with a very, very short final, and requires you to get the plane down as soona s you reach the runway, then slam on the brakes to get the plane to stop befroe you run out of runway. Pretty exhilirating, and great to fly with the PMDG 737NGX! Here's where the HUGS truly shows its befenfit.
I'll definitely try it out! Is there some good scenery for it?

That's the only one: http://www.latinvfr....R_Honduras.htmlIts a rather nice scenery, good on the frames especially.I have now flown from Panama City to Tegucigalpa three times and enjoy it again and again every time. Previously I also did Guatamala City to tegucigalpa with the Aerosoft Airbus X, but if you have the NGX, try it with that one first. By the way, I also use the Panama City - Tegucigalpa flight as a demonstration to those unfamiliar with FSX and FS in general. Because you fly so low so the ground, everybody finds it spectacular. Touching down correctly afterwards and getting the plane safely off the runway usually ends with a small round of applause even wink.pngBeen meaning to make a video of landing at Tegucigalpa with the NGX, but never quite got around to do it.Here's also a pretty nice video:

Benjamin van Soldt