Sign in to follow this  
stamoum

Is this good enough?

Hi everyone.I am wondering if I should buy the ngx. But I am worried my computer isn't good enough.Here is my specs:Intel core 2 quad 2.5 ghz4 gb ramgeforce gts 450 1gbwindows 7 64-bit.RegardsStaale Moum.

Both yes and no. If you turn down all effects, and reduce texture quality in the NGX, then yeah you can ride it. But will this give you the best sim experience... No I would not think so.

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi everyone.I am wondering if I should buy the ngx. But I am worried my computer isn't good enough.Here is my specs:Intel core 2 quad 2.5 ghz4 gb ramgeforce gts 450 1gbwindows 7 64-bit.RegardsStaale Moum.
Hi Staal,I have the following "old" config :AMD Athlon 7850 Dual core processor 2.8MhzNvidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB4 GB ramWindows XP Pro SP3 32-bitWith a FSX.cfg correctly tuned, all work like a charm. Of course not with all sliders full on the right.Hope this helpRegards,Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I have a similar system, and I'm very happy with how the NGX performs.I don't bother with AI traffic and can run the NGX with FPS in the high teens or low 20s in the VC in most situations. I also have low or no autogen as you don't really need it for IFR airliner ops, but I do run ASE.I'd say go ahead. You can still use some complex airport sceneries, and maintain autogen in the less crowded parts of the world - such as island destinations - and as long as you're pretty ruthless when it comes to turning down AI and autogen where needed, you'll easily be able to enjoy what the product offers. Hope that helps a bit too!Ian

Ahh, just get it, its less than half a tank of fuel....for a small car (in the UK anyway)....Your bound to upgrade your computer one day...Anyway your specs don't sound too bad to me, and it works pretty damn good on mine. But I know very little about these things.

I have a very weak computer. E6400 @ 2.13 and nvidia 7300le running vista 32 bit. I bought fsx and the ngx as an experiment. Im very happy considering this computer is primarly for school and work. I run with scenry at normal and autogen at sparse. Bloom off. Airline traffic at 10 percent and no auto traffic. I usually set a layer of cirrus clouds to add some thing to the sky. I normally get 22 fps in 2d and 15 to 20 in vc. Despite the low fps it runs smooth. Also Ive never had oom crash and only 2 ctd when the ngx first came out. Obviously doesnt look as good as all the screen shots or youtube videos you'll see but I am very satisfied for now.

i have a laptop with specs lower than that.With NgX,ASE running at once it is smooth with sliders at 80% of max.honestly i myself was surprised when FSX was running smoothly with framerates locked to 20.Just that switching between FSX and other application becomes a pain with FSX crashing. because of the low specs..i think your system would do just fine..Pankaj