Sign in to follow this  
pow0011

-600 -700 VR Problem

I got the the 600/700 addon yesterday and all the takeoffs I've done......well attempted...have failed. I go though the weights as I normally would with the 800/900, I use full passengers with 30lb of baggage for each and the appropriate fuel needed +5 reserve for the flight and put it into TOPCAT (which uses the iFly 737-700, still similar weight and balance) and it tells me that I should have enough room to takeoff on some of the longest runways. However I find myself getting no response from the aircraft at VR even when I pull the yoke full back, if my VR is 130 for example I may only lift off at say 170-180. Does anyone else have this kind of problem and have solution? It's kinda bugging meWorried.gif

I got the the 600/700 addon yesterday and all the takeoffs I've done......well attempted...have failed. I go though the weights as I normally would with the 800/900, I use full passengers with 30lb of baggage for each and the appropriate fuel needed +5 reserve for the flight and put it into TOPCAT (which uses the iFly 737-700, still similar weight and balance) and it tells me that I should have enough room to takeoff on some of the longest runways. However I find myself getting no response from the aircraft at VR even when I pull the yoke full back, if my VR is 130 for example I may only lift off at say 170-180. Does anyone else have this kind of problem and have solution? It's kinda bugging meWorried.gif
You didn´t forgot to press TOGA perhaps?..../ Leffe

Well in many a times in my cases I have always forgotten to set the trim and this leads to a delayed takeoff..so check whether you have properly trimmed the aircraft before the take off roll..Pankaj

I've set my trim and checked my speeds with the FMC. And of course I pressed TOGA. I use TOPCAT for the derates/double derates and let the FMC calculate the speed for me.

Is your yoke calibrated? I had a similar problem to this, would hit VR, and wouldn't be able to lift off until I spun a bunch more trim into it. Checked my yoke against the SYS screen, turns out when I pulled back I was only getting about half up deflection (if that makes any sense, don't know the technical terms), when I calibrated it, it worked perfect again.

I checked that and I'm getting a normal response from the elevators.Remember, I said that taking off in the 800/900 perfectly fine, I'm sure there's no drastic difference between the 4 variants.

And you are really sure that your trim is set correct? Because in the -700 you'll need a little more trim than in the bigger ones.Also you need to pull much stronger in the tinier ones, at least that's what my experience with them tells me.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

I'm using what the FMC recommends for the trim. I'll try again and use a little bit more trim and pull back more.

if you give all info on your take off data and config we can try and see if the problem is present also for us.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Confirm your using appropriate measurement for fuel/wgt, lbs/kgs? The 600/700 I have found take more pull on the yoke.

Eric 

OK,This is all in LBS:YBBN-YMML: 774NMPassengers: 96Baggage: 2880LB Split evenly into the FWD and AFT compartmentFuel: 16000LBTrim: 5.03Flaps: 1RWY Length: 11680ftHead Wind: 14ktTakeoff Setting: TO2Derate: NoneV1: 121VR: 124V2: 130